No announcement yet.

The Rally Sports - Dayton Pro Driver 15" 3-way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful craftmanship as usual Javad. Kudos!
    Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

Javad -- Rookie question here, but how do you use the DATs software to measure the actual port frequency of the constructed box? I didn't realize one could do this until you had a little excerpt about it with one (1) of your pictures.

Beautiful build by the way. TBO I always treated poplar as "drift wood" ever since I was a kid. It was the wood that we used to fill in corners of cabinets, brace for counter-tops, etc. You have completely changed my outlook on this. Gorgeous boards you have selected for this build and nice craftsmanship.

Also love that you used pro-audio drivers! I don't have any technical reasoning or wording to explain why I like them better, but I generally lean towards those of Eminence, Faital, and B&C over the home Hifi stuff. I love a good compression driver in the right wave guide too. Cheers!
      Chris
      "I don't know everything and do not claim to. I continue to learn and that is what makes me human."

Comment

Originally posted by thekorvers View Post
        Beautiful craftmanship as usual Javad. Kudos!
        Thanks!
        --
        Javad Shadzi
        Bay Area, CA

2-Channel Stereo system in the works with Adcom components and 4-way towers

Comment

Originally posted by STIchris722 View Post
          Javad -- Rookie question here, but how do you use the DATs software to measure the actual port frequency of the constructed box? I didn't realize one could do this until you had a little excerpt about it with one (1) of your pictures.
          All you need to do is a full impedance sweep of the driver mounted in the enclosure, the fs of the enclosure is where impedence rises, dips, then rises again, the lowest point in the dip is the Fs. IMO this is critical to designing and building any ported enclosure, and IME modeling programs will only get you close, sometimes as far off as 10hz, that's too much error, and doing it this way allows you to nail the exact frequency you intended to in the modeling.

Beautiful build by the way. TBO I always treated poplar as "drift wood" ever since I was a kid. It was the wood that we used to fill in corners of cabinets, brace for counter-tops, etc. You have completely changed my outlook on this. Gorgeous boards you have selected for this build and nice craftsmanship.
          Thanks! You know that seems to be the way many do look at it, but the "painted or rainbow" poplar is just one of the most beautiful woods I've ever worked with, it's also a really nice wood to work with as the grain is straight and tight in most cases. Normal yellow poplar is pretty boring, but this stuff with character I've fallen in love with.

Also love that you used pro-audio drivers! I don't have any technical reasoning or wording to explain why I like them better, but I generally lean towards those of Eminence, Faital, and B&C over the home Hifi stuff. I love a good compression driver in the right wave guide too. Cheers!
          Chris
          You know, I've made it my goal to play with as many different types of drivers as possible to expand my horizons, and pro drives do dynamics, efficiency and transients VERY well, you have to choose your compromises just like with any driver type, but they shine in those areas. I love all the Pro driver builds Iv'e done and will continue to use them as well as HiFi drivers.

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts Chris!

Javad
          --
          Javad Shadzi
          Bay Area, CA

2-Channel Stereo system in the works with Adcom components and 4-way towers

Comment

Working...
          X