No announcement yet.

Microfarads- Nano Speaker using PS95 and W5-2053

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone ever used any of the other subwoofers in this series like the 6.5 or the 8? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The 8" were used in pairs in the Scimitars by dlneubec.

I've not seen the 6.5" used yet.

Later,
      Wolf
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Very nice. Great wood working skills and beautiful solid hog wood.

Comment

Nice work, nice documentation.

Comment

I wish I had been in a better spot to hear these when they played. I could tell they had good bass, but I was off axis in the very back of the room, which isn't really ideal for listening the full range driver on top. The cabinets definitely looked great!
            -Kerry

www.pursuitofperfectsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Navy Guy View Post
              I wish I had been in a better spot to hear these when they played. I could tell they had good bass, but I was off axis in the very back of the room, which isn't really ideal for listening the full range driver on top. The cabinets definitely looked great!
              Thanks Kerry, wish I had more time to play them
              --
              Javad Shadzi
              Bay Area, CA

2-Channel Stereo system in the works with Adcom components and 4-way towers

Comment

How will these perform in a 3 liter enclosure with 2 passive radiators (the same as you, 5 inch), but subwoofer only. So without midrange! I want to build a small sub that plays to 40hz!

The speakers you make are very nice. The woodcolor is perfect. I want to make a boombox with that type off wood. You can really make it smooth like it's just bought in store. Very nice built!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarface1
                  How will these perform in a 3 liter enclosure with 2 passive radiators (the same as you, 5 inch), but subwoofer only. So without midrange! I want to build a small sub that plays to 40hz! The speakers you make are very nice. The woodcolor is perfect. I want to make a boombox with that type off wood. You can really make it smooth like it's just bought in store. Very nice built!!!
                  Hey, the mid takes up very little space so when I tested w/ and w/out it the response was basically the same. Thanks for the kind words, glad you like them! Javad
                  --
                  Javad Shadzi
                  Bay Area, CA

Comment

Another nice build Javad. I have a question about the PS95's. I'm planning on using these in a Karlson full range build. If I wanted to smooth out the top end what components from your XO would you recommend? I have a few reservations about the PS95's being fatiguing based on the NinetyFives thread but I already bought them and really want to use them. Curious to hear your thoughts. Thanks!
                    Architect by trade, amateur woodworker, shade-tree mechanic, jack of all trades, master of none, and proud of it!

Like my Dad always says, "I know enough to be dangerous!"

Comment

Originally posted by jwjarch
                      Another nice build Javad. I have a question about the PS95's. I'm planning on using these in a Karlson full range build. If I wanted to smooth out the top end what components from your XO would you recommend? I have a few reservations about the PS95's being fatiguing based on the NinetyFives thread but I already bought them and really want to use them. Curious to hear your thoughts. Thanks!
                      Hey, thanks glad you liked it! This part of the circuit worked for me, change the indicator to change the top end, .25mh really flattens it out but lacks air, .1mh is on the bright side, play with it and let me know what you think
                      --
                      Javad Shadzi
                      Bay Area, CA

Comment

Thanks Javad. I'll try it with and without to see the affect. Maybe vary the components a little. I also thought about a simple RC high pass at about 30-35hz to keep the low frequencies out of the picture as well. I'll post the build once I get it up and running. These will be a simple test speaker for seeing which low power amp boards I like the best for future builds.
                        Architect by trade, amateur woodworker, shade-tree mechanic, jack of all trades, master of none, and proud of it!

Like my Dad always says, "I know enough to be dangerous!"

Comment

Playing out in the wild, I took them on vacation with me to provide music for the family https://youtu.be/0_FTUd4_uLk
                          --
                          Javad Shadzi
                          Bay Area, CA

Comment

Originally posted by JavadS
                            Playing out in the wild, I took them on vacation with me to provide music for the family
                            Respect to you fella them are sooo sweeet. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JavadS
                              Playing out in the wild, I took them on vacation with me to provide music for the family
                              Respect to you fella them are sooo sweeet. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jamiewatkins2004 View Post
                                Respect to you fella
                                Thanks Jamie!
                                Javad

--
                                Javad Shadzi
                                Bay Area, CA

Comment

Working...
                                X