A few projects I've completed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few projects I've completed

Stumbled upon this awesome web site a few months back and started off with some C-notes. Next up I decided to try some Overnight Sensations, and finally I threw some Dayton 8 MTM's together. You guys weren't kidding about not needing a sub with those monsters, I was shocked at the sheer amount of bass those things deliver. With the help of Chris R my brother and I threw together a boom box using some salvaged drivers he picked up for free. Chris if  you read this, I know you baffle step corrected for that smaller box, but my brother decided to stretch it anyhow. He is very happy with the way it sounds though, so once again thanks for your help! I'd also like to thank all of the other guys who designed the other speakers I've built.  

Post with 0 views. Speakers

Those look like Audax drivers - glad they turned out OK.
    That's a nice suite of projects you've done.

Comment

You got bit by the bug, big time!
      Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
      Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

I'm interested in hearing your comparison between the cnotes and overnight sensations.

Comment

Thanks Chris, and I agree Paul, I was definitely bitten!  I'll have to slow down for a while as I just resigned from my current job.

Lostboy77, are you located in the midwest (near s. wisc)? I'd be willing to let you swing by and have a listen sometime.

Comment

Where are you from grizzlyman? I'm only 13 miles from Wisconsin.
            Craig

Comment

Nope, I live in California, just north of Sacramento.

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
                Where are you from grizzlyman? I'm only 13 miles from Wisconsin.

I'm close to Janesville. 

Comment

I was able to get a few decent shots of my brothers boombox. It sounds really good, I wasn't sure if he just really didn't care how it sounded, but it sounds really nice.

Edit: I should add, that my brother painted his boombox with the paint he used to re spray his truck hood. It really looks fantastic in person.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Me and my brother built a sprite for my father for fathers day, well I had to build one first to make sure it sounded good. We used a blue tooth amp in dad's, but I used a lepai in mine. I'm sure my brother to will do the old mans much more justice than my spray bomb job. Below is a photo of mine.

Comment

Looks like you've been having some fun, welcome to your new obsession! =)

Javad
                      --
                      Javad Shadzi
                      Bay Area, CA

2-Channel Stereo system in the works with Adcom components and 4-way towers

Comment

You are right Javad, I have enjoyed it. Below is the sprite my brother painted for our father. Hard to see in the photo, but it's a deep sparkly purple with some kind of sparkly black on the baffle.

Comment

Working...
                        X