canTilena Project begins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canTilena Project begins

canTilena project begins... Btw is terrible to have never attended the Midwest audio fest despite only living an hour away?

Looking good
    All about Speaker Design YouTube Channel

Comment

Over the weekend built bases and crossovers. I plan on adding side panels on the side for style and the ability to move the speakers as they are heavy!!! Anyways I currently have them setup for a pre paint job demo!!!

Comment

How do they sound? Paul wins everything he enters! I would love to hear some of his speakers one day.

Comment

I don't win everything I enter, and I would not have won any without others designing the crossovers, most notably Dan Neubecker (at least 6). The canTiLena was my first win and its crossover was designed by Rick Craig (Selah Audio).
          Paul

Originally posted by scottvalentin View Post
          How do they sound? Paul wins everything he enters! I would love to hear some of his speakers one day.

Comment

They sound great.. I previously had a couple selah 2 ways (verita and ssr), usher 721 mltl and a diy ascend sierra. These are easily my favorite speakers and possibly the best I have ever heard but that's only comparing to the limited speakers I have heard. Paul and Rick did excellent work on these speakers.
            Last edited by xsilverjag; 07-24-2017, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Tongue in cheek hyperbole there Paul. Regardless I would still count it a privilege to hear one of your collaborations with Dan N or Rick. One day I will make the flight down for an Indy or mwaf get together.

Also, xSilverjag, thanks for your thoughts! Glad they sound top notch.

Comment

I need to also state that Rick did another crossover design for me (TuLines); that pair never won anything but I liked them a lot and sold them to a semi-pro musician in Pittsburgh. Furthermore, one of my winning builds, Cavatina, had its crossover designed by Dennis Murphy, and another winning build (RS duets) had its crossover designed by Mark Kraweic.
                Paul

Originally posted by scottvalentin View Post
                Tongue in cheek hyperbole there Paul. Regardless I would still count it a privilege to hear one of your collaborations with Dan N or Rick. One day I will make the flight down for an Indy or mwaf get together.

Also, xSilverjag, thanks for your thoughts! Glad they sound top notch.

Comment

I have since done a scrappy job finishing the speakers. My wife gave me a time table for using the garage and I ran out of time. I am debating adding a 1/4 ywood on the sides similar to Sonus Faber. Anyways I still really enjoy these, next I will move them to my theater room.

Comment

I think each of us is our toughest critic when it comes to our workmanship in building speakers, and the sound coming out of our speaker cabinets don't care one diddly about their own looks.
                    Paul

Originally posted by xsilverjag View Post
                    I have since done a scrappy job finishing the speakers. My wife gave me a time table for using the garage and I ran out of time. I am debating adding a 1/4 ywood on the sides similar to Sonus Faber. Anyways I still really enjoy these, next I will move them to my theater room.

Comment

I usually decide a project is done when I realise that I have been listening to it for a year or more. It looks like a longer table there is more urgent than the speakers' re-finish. If they are for movie-watching, well you are looking at the screen then(they look fine to me, anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by xsilverjag View Post
                        Looks like they turned out really nice to me. Like Paul said, we can be really tough on ourselves as builders. Take comfort in the fact that although we know every little screw up, they aren't always obvious to others and would have to be pointed out.

If you only live an hour away from MWAF, you owe it to yourself to attend this next year, great event with lots of great people to interact with. Hope to see you there.
                        My "No-Name" CC Speaker
                        Kerry's "Silverbacks"
                        Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
                        The Archers
                        Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
                        The Gandalf's

Comment

Working...
                        X