It's time for a Bordeaux!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geoff Millar View Post
    You could have a bit of fun with the wine labels/speakers idea.

If the Bordeaux might be the' 'best' speakers, could they be the "Latours" or the "Moutons"; but then what would you call the Anthologies?

Certainly more interesting than naming speakers after numbers and letters (AR3, B652s, Elac B6 etc......)

What would you call the Tritrix? Great value, not as refined as the Anthologies but accessible to all budgets? "The Cotes"?

Big box Cheap speakers could be the "Ordinaires"!

Geoff
    Hi Geoff,

Actually, the Anthology's were named after a red blend wine that is a favorite of ours from Conn Creek vineyard in Napa. It's a spectacular wine if you enjoy fine wines.

HA! Being the "best" is always subjective and will vary depending on each individuals listening tastes. Curt and I feel this is the "best sounding" design we've collaborated on so far. Just like fine wine, some will love it, others may not.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Holtz View Post

Hi Geoff,

Actually, the Anthology's were named after a red blend wine that is a favorite of ours from Conn Creek vineyard in Napa. It's a spectacular wine if you enjoy fine wines.

HA! Being the "best" is always subjective and will vary depending on each individuals listening tastes. Curt and I feel this is the "best sounding" design we've collaborated on so far. Just like fine wine, some will love it, others may not.

Jim
      We don't drink much Napa Valley here as it's quite expensive, but brought back a Clos du Val Merlot which we bought at the vineyard, kept for a few years and it was great.

Perhaps in Australia we could call the Bordeaux the "Warras" or "The Margarets" after our two top growing areas for Cabernet and Merlot: Coonawarra and Margaret River?

Not "Grange" as it's Barossa Valley Shiraz (Syrah) based and it's way overpriced, which certainly does not apply to your designs!

Not sure what I could call the Slapshots or Tritrix, though. Both are great value for the quality,

Happy listening

Geoff.

Comment

Working...
      X