Giggling like a schoolgirl.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giggling like a schoolgirl.

The other night I moved my primary sub, a Dayton DVC 15 off a BASH 500, from the wall dividing my garage area of the basement to the HT area, to firing into the outside concrete wall at the front of my house. I messed around with it a little bit, but didn't crank it up because the kids were sleeping. Fast forward to today, I sent the kids down there to watch Boss Baby at a low volume today to keep them from waking my wife up, as she is a night shift nurse. They left everything on so I went down to turn it off and everyone else had gone to the pool this evening, so I decided to crank it up to see how the repositioning worked. I looked for something with some bass and there was a CD laying there with the words New music- March 2010. First song is I wanna Love you by Akon. Cranked it to 65 on the Onykyo with gain on the BASH to about 3 out of 10. Sub enclosure is only 5.95 cuft tuned to 23 hz with a 14.5 x 3 port. It was amazing. It actually was shaking the thin rock I had stacked under my front deck to rock the i, OUTSIDE!! The garage door was pulsating. We're talking about an area of 13.5x 30 ft. I would like to get a good microphone to actually quantify what I am hearing. The best part was that, this positioning left nearly no 'dead spots', whereas there were several at the subs previous position. I had already planned a 1/4 wave TL for the Dayton DVC, and I was going to run it with my Dayton 240 plate amp, then build another 1/4WTL for my Ultimax 15 and use the BASH for it. I mention this because I have an older Elemental Designs 13kv2 DVC 4 with 4 ohm coils with the silver cone running off the Dayton at 8 ohms. It was amazing and super efficient design and I want to see what it will do with a 15 with a much longer stroke off more power.

When I get both built, I will corner load the Ultimax in the right rear, which proved to be fairly good with the ED 13kv2 in the 1/4WTL. Do you guys think I should do this or simply use both in the same position I have the single DVC 15 in now?

You'll get more responses to queries in the TechTalk section. The 'Speaker Project Gallery' is a gallery of picture based threads with links to write-ups, and generally minimal QnA.

Later,
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
      You'll get more responses to queries in the TechTalk section. The 'Speaker Project Gallery' is a gallery of picture based threads with links to write-ups, and generally minimal QnA.

Later,
      Wolf
      Awwww. I figured a thread titled 'Giggling like a schoolgirl' with a response from Junior was certainly going to be more entertaining. (How ya' been Buddy? DaddyWorld treating you well?)

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post

Later,
        Wolf
        Well I planned on taking some pictures, and since the sub enclosure I was listening is finished I thought it would fall under the speaker projects, not Techtalk. disregard the question portion of the post. The sub enclosure is just under 6 cu ft before port displacement, and port displacement is almost 1 cu ft. Final tuning is right at 23 hz. I believe this sub can improve greatly with the 1/4 wave TL. I will post a cut list and specs when I start it.

Comment

Originally posted by martyh View Post

Awwww. I figured a thread titled 'Giggling like a schoolgirl' with a response from Junior was certainly going to be more entertaining. (How ya' been Buddy? DaddyWorld treating you well?)

She started Kindergarten today...
          Wolf
          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
          http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by lbzdually View Post

Well I planned on taking some pictures, and since the sub enclosure I was listening is finished I thought it would fall under the speaker projects, not Techtalk. disregard the question portion of the post. The sub enclosure is just under 6 cu ft before port displacement, and port displacement is almost 1 cu ft. Final tuning is right at 23 hz. I believe this sub can improve greatly with the 1/4 wave TL. I will post a cut list and specs when I start it.
            Cool sub project. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing your pictures. Are you saying you are gonna ditch the 6 cubic foot bass reflex enclosure and build a monster TL for that 15"?
            Expensive caps need time to break in. More expensive caps take a long time. Cheap caps sound great right out of the box.

Why I don't spray in first gear: http://s1138.photobucket.com/albums/...t=100_2585.mp4

Comment

Working...
            X