1st build. Another Paul Carmody Sprite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st build. Another Paul Carmody Sprite

Thanks to Paul for making his great designs available and the others on here for their inspiration. I apologize in advance for the bad pics and any rambling... I'm not accustomed to trying to document anything. My wife is getting ready to remodel her office space where she works so I thought I'd try and build one of these for her new desk before I tackled Wogg's design for some realistic nova cabinets I have (Wogg probably thinks I abandoned ship... this took me wayyy longer then I expected). I'm pretty pleased with the finished product even though the paint isn't perfect.

These are still getting broken in so I haven't turned them way up but I was really surprised at the clarity from them at low volumes. This was a fun project for me and I'm looking forward to doing more.

First time gluing a box like this.  Probably not the best way to go about it but it turned out ok. Sealed with dewaxed shellac before applying autobody putty.  Apparently I didn't do it quite right because you can still see the seams at certain angles. Pvc paint booth and stand

Comment

Very nice, especially since it's for your wife!

Comment

Originally posted by hittheskids View Post
        Thanks to Paul for making his great designs available and the others on here for their inspiration. I apologize in advance for the bad pics and any rambling... I'm not accustomed to trying to document anything. My wife is getting ready to remodel her office space where she works so I thought I'd try and build one of these for her new desk before I tackled Wogg's design for some realistic nova cabinets I have (Wogg probably thinks I abandoned ship... this took me wayyy longer then I expected). I'm pretty pleased with the finished product even though the paint isn't perfect.

These are still getting broken in so I haven't turned them way up but I was really surprised at the clarity from them at low volumes. This was a fun project for me and I'm looking forward to doing more.

That looks great! Well done.

You've waited long enough on the Nova project that the RS28A tweeters I modeled for the "super" version are no longer available Though If I recall correctly, you were going to use the DA215 / ND28 combo anyway.
        Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
        Wogg Music

Comment

Sweet build. I really like the contrast between painted cabinet and dark wood baffle. Now I'm thinking I need one too. If only I have the room....
          If life were fair, Elvis would still be alive today and all the impersonators would be dead.
          ~ Johnny Carson

Bungelow Ed's Photo Album http://techtalk.parts-express.com/album.php?u=8594

Comment

Very Nice. I like the contrast as well..

Comment

megasexy bruh

Comment

They look beautiful! Who wouldn't want one of those in their office!!?
                Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
                Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Thanks for the kind words from everyone!

Wogg - I did decide to go with the lesser expensive drivers. I actually ordered them a while back. Hoping to start that project soon and just need to order the crossover parts... so I'm sure I'll be hassling you again shortly.

Tom - This was my first time spraying anything and I built the booth for this project. It worked out pretty good but I should have added another fan/filter and definitely should have changed out the filter before I sprayed the clearcoat.. started burning my eyes. Its 8x8x7'4", I had some height restrictions with my garage.

Comment

Working...
                  X