No announcement yet.

Stentorians Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive been thinking of building a set of outrigger feet for this cab. My thoughts (subject to change) are to use some aluminum bars and stainless bolts as the structure. Then to cover the bolts that will be the feet im thinking of cutting out 2 or 3 inch disks with recessed holes for the bolts to slide into. That way, you wont see the bolts but a wooden disk on top and bottom of the aluminum bar

Comment

On the pics, on post #15; have you test fit the drivers to be sure the unpainted areas inside the driver recess are completely covered?
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...khanspires-but
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...pico-neo-build
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...ensation-build

Comment

I have not, but thats a great idea. When i first test fit the drivers in they fit pretty snug. I was afraid if i painted the recesses that it would not longer fit and would have more to deal with. I will check it sometime today, thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Kornbread, thanks again for that thought. So as you see in the pic, you are able to see some of the inside rim of the recess. The tweet on the otherhand is so tight i may need to trim a hair around it to get it to sit flush. I think for simplicity sake i may just take a large sharpie and color the woofer recessed lip

Comment

Grills completed Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Grills completed Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Got some work done on the outrigger feet. Plan is to hide the bolt in a “sleeve” and “cap” of oak. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Those are looking good.
                  Have any pics of the grill frame.

Comment

Sorry for the delay. Heres some updated pics. Still have to assemble the crossovers. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks
                      I missed on pg 1 that you used the PE frame kits.
                      Think I'll use those too.

Comment

Its an excellent kit, youll really like it Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Great looking finished product. I built mine years ago for my HT set-up with Dayton 12" sub and still enjoy the sound to this day.

Comment

Banging!! Turned out great! And nice job on the outriggers.
                            Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Finally finished! The first night i hooked them up the babies were sleeping so listening levels were to a minimum sadly. But the next day i was able to crank it a bit. Still afraid to really lay the hammer on them because they surely are capable! Still not too much critical listening yet but so far im very impressed with the sound so far. Midrange is pretty magical. Those who think that tweeter is too cheap or shrill or “splashy” hasnt optimized it correctly. I almost find them a tad mellow, and definitly non-fatiguing. The midbass isnt as authoritative as i was anticipating but with a sub it should be a nonissue. Another amazing design and i am very thrilled to have it completed! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I take back what i have said about the midbass. I was able to really turn it up today without the girls home. Sitting on the couch i was able to feel the kick in my chest. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X