Guitar amp styled TriTrix MTM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar amp styled TriTrix MTM

Finally finished my TriTrix build, which is my second build, after the Madeleine.
    I wanted to give the design a bit of a twist, so ditched the kit cabinets and decided to build them myself, aiming for some old-school guitar amp look with some solid wood touch .

The cabinets are made out of 3/4" Baltic birch, front panels are stained red oak with matte wipe-on poly finish. Everything else is wrapped in Marshall style tolex.
    Here's the end result and some in-progress photos.

Comment

Comment

Those look amazing!!!

Comment

Agreed those looks pretty awesome. Love the dark stain and the black sides. I actually like that you didn't even fill the screw holes on the front. I'm guessing that was deliberate, but it adds to the look perfectly. I wouldn't have been able to let myself NOT fill the holes. Nice work!

Comment

Great looking Tritrix!

These would look even cooler with the "Tritrix" logo done in 'Marshall' style lettering!

Maybe not.....

Well done!

Geoff

Comment

Cool idea for a finish, and they look great! What are your impressions of the sound?

Comment

Wow! You definitely bumped the looks of your Tritrix up a notch or two. Very nice concept and execution. As Geoff said, they would look cool with a logo on the front.
                If life were fair, Elvis would still be alive today and all the impersonators would be dead.
                ~ Johnny Carson

Bungelow Ed's Photo Album http://techtalk.parts-express.com/album.php?u=8594

Comment

Those are really sharp, I love it.
                  I agree on the lettering idea if you can do it somehow. It would cement the effect you're going for. Maybe your name in script, or Tritrix in script or whatever lettering many guitar amps use?
                  Those are COOL!

TomZ
                  *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                  *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Probably the best looking tritrix ive seen. Good job! The tritrix is one of speakers. I just love how good they are for the money.
                    My Build Thread's
                    Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

Comment

Originally posted by kenrhodes
                      Those look amazing!!!
                      Thanks!
                      Originally posted by danmarx
                      Agreed those looks pretty awesome. Love the dark stain and the black sides. I actually like that you didn't even fill the screw holes on the front. I'm guessing that was deliberate, but it adds to the look perfectly. I wouldn't have been able to let myself NOT fill the holes. Nice work!
                      This was, in fact, deliberate I had to order black screws from PE just for that reason, I was going for a bit more "industrial" look, if you will.
                      Originally posted by Geoff Millar
                      These would look even cooler with the "Tritrix" logo done in 'Marshall' style lettering!
                      That's a great idea, should be doable with a CNC laser pretty easily!
                      Originally posted by Jeff F.
                      Cool idea for a finish, and they look great! What are your impressions of the sound?
                      The sound is fantastic! I got them hooked up to a Yamaha R-S202, bluetooth for now, but choosing between the available DACs for RaspberryPI to stream from my home server,
                      Originally posted by danmarx
                      Wow! You definitely bumped the looks of your Tritrix up a notch or two. Very nice concept and execution. As Geoff said, they would look cool with a logo on the front.
                      Thanks! I will think on how to get it done ;)
                      Originally posted by tomzarbo
                      I agree on the lettering idea if you can do it somehow. It would cement the effect you're going for. Maybe your name in script, or Tritrix in script or whatever lettering many guitar amps use?
                      Thanks Tom! I am already researching what can be done! Love that idea too, thinking between black plastic or etched metal...
                      Originally posted by Mike220
                      Probably the best looking tritrix ive seen. Good job! The tritrix is one of speakers. I just love how good they are for the money.
                      Thanks, Mike! They are terrific, much better then I hoped them to be

Comment

"Daaaaaaang!" ~ Joe Dirt
                        Those baffles are schweeeet! Great concept, and great execution!
                        My modest builds:
                        Armadillo TM, A.K.A. Lil' Dillo
                        Tarkus/Armadillo build #2
                        Armadillo Center Channel
                        Au-Rock-O Sub
                        Tarkus
                        Staining MDF tutorial

Comment

Very nice build, and great work on the baffles and finish

Comment

Thanks, guys, I definitely took my time on those baffles Almost screwed them up too, when the bit on my router went lose

Comment

Working...
                            X