No announcement yet.

Finished Tarkus + Armadillo in Living Room - Thanks Paul + Bolland32 + Mark65

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Tarkus + Armadillo in Living Room - Thanks Paul + Bolland32 + Mark65

EDIT: Wow I butchered Bolland83's name. So sorry!

I forgot to finish my build log :(

I got extremely busy, and one day just decided that I was tired of seeing unfinished cabs and unfinished dreams.

Built these right in the living room + tiny patio, no garage and no shop. Really happy with their sound, and EQed with Audyssey XT32, I'm getting a very smooth response of +/- 3db from 37Hz-17kHz in-room. With the Dayton UM15 sub I built, in room for movies, I'm getting +/-3db from 18Hz-17kHz. 18-20kHz rises a bit (not that much though), but that's mostly due to the Armadillo, and it isn't really audible to me.

The Armadillo was a bit of a bear in the HF range, starting at about 8k, but by adding some values to the tweeter resistor, I got it clamped down more reasonably.

Built some quarks for surrounds, and now I have a nice 5.1 setup in my living room. I'm extremely happy and my next projects are building Speedsters by Paul + a custom sub design for my office, desiging my own active system because I want to learn it, and a custom stealth-box for my car and all of that nonsense.

Thanks again Paul for the great design on the Tarkus, and Mark65+Bolland83 for the Armadillo, and to Jeff B for the Quarks!

Sorry for only having one photo at the moment, but here they are in their permanent home!
    Last edited by ScenesFromAHat; 10-03-2017, 02:23 PM.

Verrr'nazz. Paul is gonna love them. Years ago my mom insisted that all the speakers I built for her new place be white, I wasn't too sure. Then I built them. And really liked them. Worked no matter the colours in the rooms.

Comment

MATCHY MATCHY, me likes! Don't know who this bolland32 is, wonder if he's a distant cousin or something....
      My modest builds:
      Armadillo TM, A.K.A. Lil' Dillo
      Tarkus/Armadillo build #2
      Armadillo Center Channel
      Au-Rock-O Sub
      Tarkus
      Staining MDF tutorial

Comment

Originally posted by bolland83 View Post
        MATCHY MATCHY, me likes! Don't know who this bolland32 is, wonder if he's a distant cousin or something....

Oh man! Sorry! I wish PE would let me edit the title. I was going off memory and clearly shouldn't have done that :P

Thanks again for the design!

Comment

No worries, lol. Got any more pics of the build? They really do look nice.
          My modest builds:
          Armadillo TM, A.K.A. Lil' Dillo
          Tarkus/Armadillo build #2
          Armadillo Center Channel
          Au-Rock-O Sub
          Tarkus
          Staining MDF tutorial

Comment

That is Sharp!!! More pics and include the sub!

Comment

Great job on the speakers. Love the Eames chair!

Comment

Working...
              X