X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isaeagle4031
    started a topic Halus 2way mltl tower

Halus 2way mltl tower

Latest project. A mltl 2way system using buyout Audible Physics 635-CP2 6.5" woofers and MCM 53-5615 1" al dome tweeters, Paul K was kind enough to model the enclosure and his sim vs the measurement is spot on. Thank you Paul! The enclosures are 37.5h 8w 10.5d. The top half is filled with batting. The 3"diam x 4" long port gives an fb of 42hz and f3 of 40. Nothing really fancy on construction, just 3/4" mdf and 3 braces. One behind the woofer, one at 18" and one a bit above the port. The Xover is a simple 2/3 order electrical on the woofer and tweeter respectively. While the reverse null is not particularly deep, the phase tracking is very good from about 300 to 8k. 8 parts total. I have a few other tweets I may drop in just to try. Nothing wrong with this mcm tweeter mind you. It is actually pretty darn good. Still need to build some feet and decide on the finish. It is too bad the woofers are NLA. They are well built with some great features. Hopefully, AP will be able to offer them again. The name, Halus, is Indonesian (home of AP) for smooth and that is one of the best way to describe them.

• isaeagle4031
    replied
    Imo, the 6.5 and tweet are just too far apart. The tweeter is best from about 4k up. The 6.5 will reach that, on axis. Slightly off axis is not going to be very good.

Leave a comment:

• davidroberts
    replied
    Do you think this woofers is capable of matching up with the AP tweeters that was on clearance or is it asking too much for that tweeters to dig that low?

Definitely listen to the doctors on the knee. I had my first knee scoped 22 years ago when I was 26. At that time I was still smarter than most doctors so I didn't follow all the directions necessarily...now I have a leg that goes numb if I squat down or kneel down for even short periods of time.

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolf View Post

You don't have to get emotional about the guys in Grand Rapids... Or is that you tore a woofer cone...Or cried over a woofer...Or is that you cried over your knee...or tore up your knee...

Man- many ways that could be taken.

Later,
    Wolf
    Goofball lol

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post
    Seems I had a meniscus tear as well.
    You don't have to get emotional about the guys in Grand Rapids... Or is that you tore a woofer cone...Or cried over a woofer...Or is that you cried over your knee...or tore up your knee...

Man- many ways that could be taken.

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• bungelow_ed
    replied
    Sorry to hear about your knee situation. I'm subscribed, so concentrate on recovery. BTW, I was an Ironworker for 14 yrs. Got out because of a severely herniated disc. Best, injury that ever happened to me. Went back to school and got a degree that opened new doors. Here's to your recovery.

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied
    Thanks Tom. Seems I had a meniscus tear as well. I'm back at work and my employer is working with me (as well as my coworkers) to limit my time on the stairs. It's getting better but will take some time

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post
    Arthroscopic. Repaired some damage and removed some tissue that was being pinched. I have to take a lot of stairs in my job, carrying tools that can easily weigh an additional 50-60lbs. I work in a steel mill and some of the work is 150ft from ground level. There are times I hit my 10,000 steps before 9am lol
    Ditto, I hope you bounce back quickly sir! Listen to the doctors man!

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied
    Arthroscopic. Repaired some damage and removed some tissue that was being pinched. I have to take a lot of stairs in my job, carrying tools that can easily weigh an additional 50-60lbs. I work in a steel mill and some of the work is 150ft from ground level. There are times I hit my 10,000 steps before 9am lol

Leave a comment:

• Waboo
    replied
    What type of knee surgery? Hope recovery goes well.

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied
    I will try to get that tonight or tomorrow Ed. Had knee surgery so i havent been in my shop.

Leave a comment:

• bungelow_ed
    replied
    Hi, Did you ever capture the phase tracking? I would like to see it as an example of good phase tracking, and what I should be shooting for with my cross-over exercises. Thanks, Ed

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied
    Here is the crossover Tim. You may, at your discretion, adjust R2 to your liking. A larger value will give a little more top end, a little smaller will just bring it down a bit. I tried from 7.5 to 15 and settled on 10 for my room.

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied
    Originally posted by iglow01gt View Post
    Hi, I purchased a pair of the closeout drivers also and I am interested in your build design. Can you please post your final crossover design for others to replicate?
    Thank you, Tim
    Sure Tim. I will do that tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• iglow01gt
    replied
    Hi, I purchased a pair of the closeout drivers also and I am interested in your build design. Can you please post your final crossover design for others to replicate?
    Thank you, Tim

Leave a comment:

Working...
X