• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could love that look. 😍
    Kenny

http://www.diy-ny.com/
    DIY NY/NJ 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwA...ature=youtu.be
    Man does not live by measurements alone, a little music helps.

Comment

Really happy with how these sound so far.

I think they turned a corner in terms of break-in yesterday and after a bit more measuring and tweaking this morning they really sound great. That $29 Peerless XT25 is a great driver.

Crossing them at 2500 LR-24dB/octave. A little baffle step correction, a bit of pad on the tweeter, a little EQ here and there and they're measuring pretty flat.

A subwoofer definitely doesn't hurt, but they dig pretty deep on their own for such a small box.

They live in my office and I resurrected an old Technics 1200 turntable that had a short in the tonearm. Vinyl in the office!

Thanks for looking. On to the next project. Thinking ScanSpeak.

Comment

I bumped the crossover up to 3500Hz yesterday and have been A/B testing and liking the change. So nice to have the flexibility that DSP provides.

Last edited by TrickyMike; 12-21-2017, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Very nice, the clear coat looks great. I like House of color products.

Comment

Hey Mike, looks terrific. How did you go about trimming/cutting the tweeter flange to match your w4? Looking to do that on a speaker and would like to know how you did it.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks. Not sure how much help this is going to be, but I cut the holes on a milling machine with a rotary table. I cut the tweeter recess first, removed the baffle, mounted the tweeter and then machined some scrap to cover and protect the tweeter diaphragm. Then I machined the woofer recess with a sharp end mill while the tweeter was still mounted in the baffle.

Didn't grab any pics of that part of the process. This pic is the same setup on a different project, but you get the idea. The cool thing about the mill as a circle jig is that the work spins around the cutter, so you don't have to worry about a router base running over a tweeter diaphragm.

Last edited by TrickyMike; 01-04-2018, 06:08 PM.

Comment

perfect...thanks Mike.

Comment

Great project! Thanks for sharing.
                  ~Marty

Baby Eidolons
                  Sapphos
                  Cables (Post #54)
                  Other speakers (Post #21)
                  Design Thoughts (Posts: 6,10,13,33,35)
                  Boundary Augmentation
                  Dispersion/Interference

Comment

How did you screw in the brass inserts? From the outside or the inside and what did you use for getting them in?

Comment

Nice job! So shiny!
                      See my projects on Instagram and Facebook

Comment

Working...
                      X