Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slightly Modified Madeleine..........long, long build.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Slightly Modified Madeleine..........long, long build.

    So last year about this time I started on my Madeleine project from Gordy's plans. I waited 4 months for all the parts to come back in stock, sourced the wood, pcb's and bought a few new tools. I started by cutting all the parts on the cut sheet but, added 4 inches to the width to ad room for switches. I did a dry fit of the enclosure and put together one crossover then, life got in the way and the project was shelved for most of the year.
    Laying out the cuts. Made all the cross cut with my table saw sled. Laying out crossover lacations.
    Last edited by Mike The Welder; 12-20-2017, 10:49 PM. Reason: tags

  • #2

    Comment


    • #3
      Cut and drilled holes for drivers, feet, crossovers etc.

      Comment


      • #4
        All that was last December. Fast forward to 3 weeks ago...... I dusted off all the parts for this build and refreshed my memory on what my plans were last year. So I cut enough parts for 4 Madeleine's but, I only have time to complete 2 of them right now. I decided to build the 2 that I modified by 4 inches. Here are some build pics over the last 3 weeks.

        Comment


        • #5
          It took some creative gluing and clamping to get all the biscuits in and lined up. I got a little carried away with the gorilla glue on the ports but, it wont be visible when done.

          Comment


          • #6
            ruff sanding and test fitting the drivers.

            Comment


            • #7

              Comment


              • #8
                Both boxes sanded, edges and ports rounded with the router.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Time to start getting the electronics sorted out.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Put the second coat of sanding sealer on the boxes this afternoon. they look great with just the sealer on them. Cant wait to see them with the final finish.

                    Comment


                    • #11

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I just realized I didn't give many details on the build. If you've seen Gordy's Madeleine build, it's pretty much the same except for the size. I'm using the Hivi drivers and crossovers for the overnight sensations and the Sure 12v BT board and Sure12v 2x15 amp. I wish some of the combo BT/Amp boards were available when I bought all the parts. I sourced the mahogany from Dakota Hardwoods in Dallas. There is allot of hardware like feet, connectors, screws etc which I bought from PE, Home Depot and Amazon I'll try and make a list if anybody wants to know.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Sanded to 320 and put on the last coat of sanding sealer. I'm a huge Dewalt fan and this is the best sander I've ever had.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'll sand this to 400 tomorrow and get ready for poly.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I also finished up the crossovers and got all the other parts together between sanding. I'll hook it all up and test it before time to install. I ordered 16 gauge wire on Amazon that turned out to be too big, so I had to run down and get some 18 gauge locally so I could continue.
                              Last edited by Mike The Welder; 12-21-2017, 09:42 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X