X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danger dad
    started a topic Bluetooth drive in theater speaker attempt

Bluetooth drive in theater speaker attempt

Had an idea to make a portable Bluetooth speaker out of a vintage drive in speaker. It might have been a bad idea because I'm finding it hard to fit speakers and passive radiators inside the grill openings. This is what I got so far. I'm already rethinking the drivers but not real sure of what would be better?

• Danger dad
    replied
    I posted this mostly for advice! These small Bluetooth speaker builds are very popular now and I was hopping for some help. As I wait for my ebay orders to trickle in I've started investigating my next build using these speakers and either two of the new dayton-audio-nd65-2.5''passive radiators
    or one of the new dayton-audio-nd140 -51/4'' passive-radiator
    ​In this vintage radio for my wife in the kitchen. I will post it later, just a sneak peek!

Leave a comment:

• Danger dad
    replied
    Found out that I'm not crazy today! I have been playing with different drivers and what not and discovered that the one page of instructions for the amp was wrong. I thought it was odd for the + and - on the left side to be flipped but what do I know! So I ended up playing a 30hz tone and recorded the speaker travel with my phone. I watched it on slow-mo and saw them out of phase. So on my amp board both + outputs are on the inside or outside...

Leave a comment:

• Danger dad
    replied
    This amp only has Bluetooth 2.1 but I does ok. In the Aluminum Speaker housing you would be able to roam about most campsites and have good signal. I can and will solder an extinction on the Bluetooth antenna for better range but for this I'm hoping for modern "clip type" or "soundlinkmini" type output so max range isn't a big concern.

Leave a comment:

• westrock2000
    replied
    Does the amp board allow for external antenna? I'm concerned of how well it will perform inside a good 'ol thick metal housing. Have you tried it by chance closed up?

It may very well work though, I have no experience with it. My experience with Bluetooth so far has been low cost speakers and headphones that start to break up when I put myself between the phone and receiver.

Leave a comment:

• Danger dad
    replied
    Originally posted by ceiol View Post
    pretty cool

which speakers are you running?
    ​The speakers in playing with are the Peerless-by-tymphany-830983-2''. They are really to big and will go in a different project, I have on order a few different small passive radiators but they wont get to me for a few weeks. Anybody play with these little guys?https://www.parts-express.com/Contro...-ohm--264-1626

Leave a comment:

• ceiol
    replied
    pretty cool

which speakers are you running?

Leave a comment:

• andykriech
    replied
    That is a very creative and original idea! Good luck with that cramped space.
    Andy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X