No announcement yet.

Fun with the new ND Passive's - The Passive Aggressives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Matt, for helping me to finally get The Passive Agressives I've always wanted!

They sound great, look amazing, and wifey is very pleased that I found speakers that can go anywhere...though I'm still working on finding the perfect placement for them.

Stay tuned!

Comment

• Hey,

Speakers are looking very nice. Well Done! Good job done by you.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoundpete View Post
        Thank you Matt, for helping me to finally get The Passive Agressives I've always wanted!

They sound great, look amazing, and wifey is very pleased that I found speakers that can go anywhere...though I'm still working on finding the perfect placement for them.

Stay tuned!
        You are very welcome, I am glad we could make that happen. It was nice to meet you!
        Your results may vary.

Comment

• Would a larger Sub (perhaps a 10”) mesh ok with these crossed a little higher?

Comment

• Out of curiosity, do you really hit those notes around the 50-60hz mark with these? Being this small, could one use this in a portable BT setup as the 0.1 ch, obviously without the tweeter? Getting good bass out of something this small makes my mind tick in mysterious ways.......

I'm thinking PE 2.1 class D amp, 3 chambers, this in the middle, driver facing upwards, PR's front and rear and in there own little chambers maybe a 2-2.5" Full range? I still want to find a use for the 2.1 amp chip....

Comment

• Originally posted by 3rutu5 View Post
              Out of curiosity, do you really hit those notes around the 50-60hz mark with these? Being this small, could one use this in a portable BT setup as the 0.1 ch, obviously without the tweeter? Getting good bass out of something this small makes my mind tick in mysterious ways.......

I'm thinking PE 2.1 class D amp, 3 chambers, this in the middle, driver facing upwards, PR's front and rear and in there own little chambers maybe a 2-2.5" Full range? I still want to find a use for the 2.1 amp chip....
              Just for you I found an online tone generator and hooked up my PAs. Sound is present until 60hz, fades fast and is mostly gone by 55hz. Unscientific test by a non designer.

Comment

• Originally posted by djg View Post

Just for you I found an online tone generator and hooked up my PAs. Sound is present until 60hz, fades fast and is mostly gone by 55hz. Unscientific test by a non designer.
                Interesting, thanks. Could that be a limitation of the enclosure size and pr weighting? I have always failed to model a PR in Winisd and abandoned these projects but always wanted to try. One driver I thought would be good in this size box is the peerless as it talks about half space sensitivity on other websites.

https://www.parts-express.com/peerle...-ohm--264-1600

Anyway food for thought coupled with the matched peerless PR.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3rutu5 View Post

Interesting, thanks. Could that be a limitation of the enclosure size and pr weighting? I have always failed to model a PR in Winisd and abandoned these projects but always wanted to try. One driver I thought would be good in this size box is the peerless as it talks about half space sensitivity on other websites.

https://www.parts-express.com/peerle...-ohm--264-1600

Anyway food for thought coupled with the matched peerless PR.
                  It is a combination of a lot of things. Placement, room, nearfield or not etc. Nearfield they have a surprising bottom end but in a larger room from a distance may lack a little below 60. For their size 60 is nothing to shake a stick at really.

I never paired mine with a sub for use in my kitchen or at my computer but adding a sub is never a bad idea for any small system.

-MP
                  Your results may vary.

Comment

Working...
                  X