Sonic Barrier Acoustic Panels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonic Barrier Acoustic Panels

Due to my recent upgrades I decided to hang some foam panels up on the wall to help with reflections I was getting in my somewhat square room. I used our new Sonic Barrier foam and command strips to hang them. There is a noticeable difference. There was no rhyme or reason to where I put them, I just wanted something around tweeter/head level.

Ignore my existing furniture, that stuff will be replaced in a couple weeks. UM18 boxes make for good end tables though...

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?photoid=1371175.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1371177

Name:	fetch?photoid=1371173.jpg
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1371178

Name:	fetch?photoid=1371174.jpg
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1371179

Name:	fetch?photoid=1371172.jpg
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	1371180
    Your results may vary.

Love the make shift coffee table and chair, been there, done that. Man I can only imagine the bass response in that room, it's gotta be crazy good.

​Is there an adhesive on the panels for hanging them or did you use a different method?
    My "No-Name" CC Speaker
    Kerry's "Silverbacks"
    Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
    The Archers
    Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
    The Gandalf's

Comment

I like the chair and cardboard box table as it's similar to what I have. Nothing but the best for decor.
      "Everything is nothing without a high sound quality." (Sure Electronics)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin K. View Post
        Love the make shift coffee table and chair, been there, done that. Man I can only imagine the bass response in that room, it's gotta be crazy good.

​Is there an adhesive on the panels for hanging them or did you use a different method?
        Kevin,

I used basic command strips to hang these, just two strips on each panel in the top corners. They work really well. And yes...the bass response is a bit ridiculous. I'm still tweaking here and there but it's getting dialed in. The room is 11x12ish. I would genuinely be worried if I tried maxing these subs in this room. I have found the resonant frequency of my floor is about 7 Hz

Originally posted by ernperkins View Post
        I like the chair and cardboard box table as it's similar to what I have. Nothing but the best for decor.
        Damn skippy. My new stuff will be here in two weeks, I can't wait. That bag chair isn't the most comfortable thing (hence the pillow).
        Your results may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by mattp View Post
          Due to my recent upgrades I decided to hang some foam panels up on the wall to help with reflections I was getting in my somewhat square room. I used our new Sonic Barrier foam and command strips to hang them. There is a noticeable difference. There was no rhyme or reason to where I put them, I just wanted something around tweeter/head level.

Ignore my existing furniture, that stuff will be replaced in a couple weeks. UM18 boxes make for good end tables though...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1371177[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1371178[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1371179[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1371180[/ATTACH]
          Matt is there a general rule of thumb as far as placement and the amount needed?

Comment

Are those curtains leather
            Craig

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
              Are those curtains leather
              ​I thought I saw some handcuffs and maybe some cattails. Is this a fifty shades of subwoofer room?

Comment

Is that a woofer/clock on the right side behind the speaker?
                I AM stealing that! (The idea, I mean)

TomZ
                *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Working...
                X