Sonic Barrier Acoustic Panels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonic Barrier Acoustic Panels

Due to my recent upgrades I decided to hang some foam panels up on the wall to help with reflections I was getting in my somewhat square room. I used our new Sonic Barrier foam and command strips to hang them. There is a noticeable difference. There was no rhyme or reason to where I put them, I just wanted something around tweeter/head level.

Ignore my existing furniture, that stuff will be replaced in a couple weeks. UM18 boxes make for good end tables though...

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?photoid=1371175.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1371177

Name:	fetch?photoid=1371173.jpg
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1371178

Name:	fetch?photoid=1371174.jpg
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1371179

Name:	fetch?photoid=1371172.jpg
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	1371180
    Your results may vary.

Love the make shift coffee table and chair, been there, done that. Man I can only imagine the bass response in that room, it's gotta be crazy good.

​Is there an adhesive on the panels for hanging them or did you use a different method?
    My "No-Name" CC Speaker
    Kerry's "Silverbacks"
    Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
    The Archers
    Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
    The Gandalf's

Comment

I like the chair and cardboard box table as it's similar to what I have. Nothing but the best for decor.
      "Everything is nothing without a high sound quality." (Sure Electronics)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin K. View Post
        Love the make shift coffee table and chair, been there, done that. Man I can only imagine the bass response in that room, it's gotta be crazy good.

​Is there an adhesive on the panels for hanging them or did you use a different method?
        Kevin,

I used basic command strips to hang these, just two strips on each panel in the top corners. They work really well. And yes...the bass response is a bit ridiculous. I'm still tweaking here and there but it's getting dialed in. The room is 11x12ish. I would genuinely be worried if I tried maxing these subs in this room. I have found the resonant frequency of my floor is about 7 Hz

Originally posted by ernperkins View Post
        I like the chair and cardboard box table as it's similar to what I have. Nothing but the best for decor.
        Damn skippy. My new stuff will be here in two weeks, I can't wait. That bag chair isn't the most comfortable thing (hence the pillow).
        Your results may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by mattp View Post
          Due to my recent upgrades I decided to hang some foam panels up on the wall to help with reflections I was getting in my somewhat square room. I used our new Sonic Barrier foam and command strips to hang them. There is a noticeable difference. There was no rhyme or reason to where I put them, I just wanted something around tweeter/head level.

Ignore my existing furniture, that stuff will be replaced in a couple weeks. UM18 boxes make for good end tables though...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1371177[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1371178[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1371179[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1371180[/ATTACH]
          Matt is there a general rule of thumb as far as placement and the amount needed?

Comment

Are those curtains leather
            Craig

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
              Are those curtains leather
              ​I thought I saw some handcuffs and maybe some cattails. Is this a fifty shades of subwoofer room?

Comment

Is that a woofer/clock on the right side behind the speaker?
                I AM stealing that! (The idea, I mean)

TomZ
                *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post

Matt is there a general rule of thumb as far as placement and the amount needed?
                  There are guidelines using Sabine's formulas, considering angle of incidence.
                  "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
                  “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
                  "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

While I know this is an older thread, in response to Tom-
                    Yes- it's a woofer clock. Matt had a bad HiVi D8.8+ a while back. It has 12 mounting holes, and he asked what to do with it instead of throw it out. I suggested a clock, and he documented how he assembled it to look the woofer was still a functional piece without having the magnet still inside the frame. What he did was quite slick!

Later,
                    Wolf
                    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

The UM18's give a new meaning to the 'elephant in the room'....Is there any information on the other speakers you are using?

Comment

Working...
                      X