Aurum Cantus AC130MKII and Neo3 PDR Bookshelf Speakers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aurum Cantus AC130MKII and Neo3 PDR Bookshelf Speakers

I know it's been a while since I posted here but I finally circled back after lots of random woodworking projects and actually getting a proper shop set up. Thought I'd drop in and show off my latest build. I have some build details and all that fun stuff here: http://justinsww.blogspot.com/2018/0...-speakers.html

I'll try to dig up some of the original PCD files and such but they are from my ooooold laptop from when I first got into the whole speaker building thing. Hope you enjoy!

----------------------------------
    Gear:
    Samsung PN50A650
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    Hafler DH-200
    AC130MKII/BG NEO3PDR Two-Ways
    RS390HF-4 w/ HPSA500

'Bout time you come back around! You coming to InDIYana in a few weeks? It's not that far....
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Nice work, nice documentation on your blog.

Comment

How does that driver compare to the one used in the Continuum?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
          'Bout time you come back around! You coming to InDIYana in a few weeks? It's not that far....
          Wolf
          I take it you hadn't checked your e-mail before you posted that. I'll be there with these guys. Hopefully they don't get torn apart too badly
          Gear:
          Samsung PN50A650
          Yamaha RX-V2500
          Hafler DH-200
          RS390HF-4 w/ HPSA500

Comment

Originally posted by dst View Post
            How does that driver compare to the one used in the Continuum?

I actually haven't heard the F1 personally. Maybe someone at InDIYana will be able to compare them
            Gear:
            Samsung PN50A650
            Yamaha RX-V2500
            Hafler DH-200
            RS390HF-4 w/ HPSA500

Comment

Can’t wait to read up on it. Looks great. I did look at that driver compared to the F1. I am interested to read what you did with the crossover. I am a rookie and would have thought twice on tackling that combo.

They are nice and compact but the picture makes them look smaller. I guess that is why the ladies like to wear stripes?

What is the XO freq?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenmarklay View Post
                Can’t wait to read up on it. Looks great. I did look at that driver compared to the F1. I am interested to read what you did with the crossover. I am a rookie and would have thought twice on tackling that combo.

They are nice and compact but the picture makes them look smaller. I guess that is why the ladies like to wear stripes?

What is the XO freq?
                I found a bunch of my old files but I was so very unorganized so I'm not sure what the heck is going on will all my FRD files because the response I'm seeing in PCD isn't nearly what it should be or what I remember it being. The crossover point is 4th order at 2.2kHz though that much I know looking at the XO files.
                Gear:
                Samsung PN50A650
                Yamaha RX-V2500
                Hafler DH-200
                RS390HF-4 w/ HPSA500

Comment

Did you independently measure the driver specs? Or are you saying that is not meshing?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenmarklay View Post
                    Did you independently measure the driver specs? Or are you saying that is not meshing?

I designed off the manufacturer's curves, and had to do all the BDS and minimum phase stuff. But I have about 5 different FRD files for each speaker and not sure which one is the "right" one to use. Everything I'm seeing is +/-2dB from 40Hz on up, but the phase matching doesn't seem to be as strong as I remember it only drops 10dB when you flip the tweeter polarity. I might see if I can start from scratch and/or take my own measurements eventually and play with the XO design a bit. Using the ones I have now looks like I could have gotten 4th order acoustic with a 2nd order topology on the tweeter with much better phase matching... but that assumes I'm using the right FRD files.
                    Gear:
                    Samsung PN50A650
                    Yamaha RX-V2500
                    Hafler DH-200
                    RS390HF-4 w/ HPSA500

Comment

Originally posted by JustinG View Post

I designed off the manufacturer's curves, and had to do all the BDS and minimum phase stuff. But I have about 5 different FRD files for each speaker and not sure which one is the "right" one to use. Everything I'm seeing is +/-2dB from 40Hz on up, but the phase matching doesn't seem to be as strong as I remember it only drops 10dB when you flip the tweeter polarity. I might see if I can start from scratch and/or take my own measurements eventually and play with the XO design a bit. Using the ones I have now looks like I could have gotten 4th order acoustic with a 2nd order topology on the tweeter with much better phase matching... but that assumes I'm using the right FRD files.
                      Cool. Again, I am a rookie and only parroting what has been said before. The F1 at least does not seem to measure similar to what the published specs are. It may be interesting to measure them.

Comment

Working...
                      X