No announcement yet.

First Build - Aura T-line (using ND90)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Build - Aura T-line (using ND90)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1372960[/ATTACH]

While looking for a first build I stumbled on Jim's Griffin Aura T-line. These were the right shape/size/response so I went for it. I hope these will do well without a sub for PC/background music in an office. The wife really likes them and wants them for HT use, but they just don't have the volume for that size room and movie levels.

Speaker found at http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...e-2-way?q=nd90

Assembly was fairly straight forward. I quickly learned how not square my cuts are. I thought I was doing good by rear mounting the drivers and matching the curvature of the cutout to the tweeter. Unfortunately this made a horn probably effecting tweeter frequency response and once glued together I can't access the speakers/crossover. Currently they are taped/clamped together in my living room for auditioning.

I'm going to build another set of front baffles and see if I can tell a difference between front or rear mounted drivers. The tweeters are permanently glued in place so I'll have to buy another pair.
    The poplar did NOT stain like I thought it would.
    Last edited by HugChopShop; 04-16-2018, 08:17 PM.

Nice job matching the tweeter "flare"- really well done.

Comment

i got 2 of those in a passive radiator set up but there is an audible clicking noise did u have that Subway Surfers Psiphon Hill Climb Racing
      Last edited by zoziano; 11-30-2018, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X