No announcement yet.

The Nexus - a budget-minded MTM tower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to call it that. To me it reads as the DIY equivalent of theoryhammer (and you'd be surprised how often that happens on this particular forum) https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...m=theoryhammer

I've learned not to take those types of posts too seriously. YMMV
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.

We are passionate about great sound at whatever level we can afford, so don't let the audio atheists reduce the experience to a set of numbers and squiggly lines. - jbruner

Comment

Originally posted by S7910 View Post

If you want to call it that. To me it reads as the DIY equivalent of theoryhammer (and you'd be surprised how often that happens on this particular forum) https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...m=theoryhammer

I've learned not to take those types of posts too seriously. YMMV
      Last edited by Geoff Millar; 05-22-2018, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Would love a image of xover haha for someone ill equipped with experience

Comment

Following with interest, as I have some components for future builds that may work well in this design.

McD

Comment

Based on their peer review in June at the Sioux Falls get together I would recommend damping material at the bottom of the cabinet beneath the port.

Originally posted by Bergarth View Post
            Would love a image of xover haha for someone ill equipped with experience
            Like this?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Nexus crossover schemo.png
Views:	1
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	1380725

We are passionate about great sound at whatever level we can afford, so don't let the audio atheists reduce the experience to a set of numbers and squiggly lines. - jbruner

Comment

Wow, the picture uploader worked properly the first time. That doesn't happen much.

Name:	47e3552fde725ae2e4965eb2fda77ed7.jpg
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	1380727

Comment

Originally posted by Kootskid View Post
                Following with interest, as I have some components for future builds that may work well in this design.

McD
                Thanks, at this point they are pretty much done. All I have left is to decide on a veneer.

Some additional commentary can be found here if interested. https://diy.midwestaudioclub.com/dis...4/dakotadiy/p2

Comment

Originally posted by S7910 View Post
                  Based on their peer review in June at the Sioux Falls get together I would recommend damping material at the bottom of the cabinet beneath the port.

Like this?

Name:	Nexus crossover schemo.png
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	1380725
                  Thank you- looks like simple build that does what i need in a speaker lol want to build LCR with F3 40HZ i can use in my theater

Comment

Working...
                  X