Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annotated build of Paul Carmody's new Isetta 2.1 Speaker with amp built in.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annotated build of Paul Carmody's new Isetta 2.1 Speaker with amp built in.

My attempt at Paul Carmody's new enclosure design last week.

The add link is being squirrely - should be about 50 Images in album, direct link*https://imgur.com/a/mFRAiLh
    Post with 20 votes and 1404 views. Shared by GoofBoy. Isetta 2.1 Speaker Build

A central Ohio icon from my youth.

Comment

Nice build. Lots of tips. Thanks!

Comment

Yeah, this is an excellent build log.* Like, why should I even bother having a website with stuff this good?*

Seriously, though, this will help a lot of people.* Thanks so much for sharing.
        Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
        Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Paul, thanks again for putting your designs out in the public space.* I like the sound of this little guy a lot.

Comment

Is that a DIY corner clamp setup?* Not seen one like that before.*

Comment

Yes. One would use them for making decorative boxes.* Rockler sells something like it without the larger surface area for frame glue ups -*http://www.rockler.com/quick-release...ming-clamp-kit

Comment

I like the clamp setup too, but the caveat is that you have to adjust 4 wing-nuts every time you need to adjust the dimensions. I would think threaded inserts in the corners for the ends of the rods would be beneficial, but this wouldn't fix the other issue.

As to the build- it's very well done! Me being me, I might have housed the filters in the feet of the enclosure, but that's just me.
                Wolf
                "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                  I like the clamp setup too, but the caveat is that you have to adjust 4 wing-nuts every time you need to adjust the dimensions. I would think threaded inserts in the corners for the ends of the rods would be beneficial, but this wouldn't fix the other issue.

As to the build- it's very well done! Me being me, I might have housed the filters in the feet of the enclosure, but that's just me.
                  Wolf
                  Love the filters in the feet idea, this is only my second speaker build and I honestly never thought of it.* Thanks for the observation.

The Hard maple blocks are tapped for one end of the rod and slip fitted for the adjustment the other way.

Granted, the initial setting for a box is a pain, but then it is nice to only make a couple of turns back and forth as you really fine tune for the top and bottom panel fitting and squaring.* What you gain in speed with speed or slip nuts you lose when doing the the final fitting and glue up as everything guaranteed is very close to what one needs as you mess with the parts and the adjustments are small and very controllable.

Probably the same reason I do not have a quick release vise when the rest of the world wants quick release.* I'm just a slow guy in a fast world.

Comment

Working...
                  X