Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Omni-Directional High-Mid and tweeter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omni-Directional High-Mid and tweeter

New to PE, but thanks to the PE team I'm finally able to finish my build which will include a pair of omni-directions speakers I designed and made a few months back. More to follow.
    Sparrowlegs Speaker Design Omni-Directional speaker drivers -Mid/High.

Those remind me of the drivers I saw and heard at a CES show in Chicago back in the late 1990's, in the Hilton if I recall. I think they were called 'bending wave speakers', but I don't recall the brand. They were German, I believe, and were playing some percussion track. Seemed to sound ok, but not my cup of tea.

Comment

amazing looking
      craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Looks like one of the MBL Radialstrahlers:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/...ii-loudspeaker

Comment

Originally posted by SparrowlegsSpeakers View Post
          New to PE, but thanks to the PE team I'm finally able to finish my build which will include a pair of omni-directions speakers I designed and made a few months back. More to follow.
          You have to post details on those things... the line to the MBL review sent me down a rabbit hole of omni leaf-orb speakers that I'd never heard of before.
          Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
          Wogg Music
          Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat

Comment

Working...
          X