Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carved Wooden Waveguide plan wanted for 4-way system

Hi there,
    I'm about to start a build of a system, and I would like to have a set of carved wooden waveguide horns for the compressors.
    Frequency range is looking like 1kHz-16kHz.
    I haven't chosen a driver yet as I guess I'll choose when I've sussed a waveguide design, but it may be a chicken-egg thing?
    Also imagining a design will have to be calculated to fit the driver, but hoping there's a modern plan out there somewhere with a modern driver.

The rest of the system:
    2 x miniscoops with 18" 900W drivers
    2 x 15" reflex 450W drivers
    4 x 10" w eminence deltalite II 2510 250W
    2 x compressors (will need to be quite powerful)

Hoping to double the whole thing at some point.

First build, perhaps ambitious, but that's never stopped me before

Would like to carve up something like this fostex, but wondering if it will be the right thing for my build, design attached. Any other comments welcome.

Cheers
    Laura

Is this for a club, or what? (Most "Pro" installations use "active" (electronic) crossovers.)
    Links to drivers might be helpful (if you want any assistance).

Comment

You must be very tall.

Have you checked the internet?

wooden compression horn plans - Google Search

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
        Is this for a club, or what? (Most "Pro" installations use "active" (electronic) crossovers.)
        Links to drivers might be helpful (if you want any assistance).
        This is more a portable reggae-style sound-system, sized for 100px. Will be used indoors and outdoors.
        Looking for advice on good looking compressors/waveguides. 1000Hz cutoff approx. Possibly a 1" driver.

Comment

Looks easy.

Handmade Klipsch La Scala bass & Fostex H 325 wood horn - YouTube

Comment

I should film myself making things in my shop and showing my screwups, but carefully edit it and put the same music behind it.

Comment

Yes, edit out all the blood and flying parts.

Comment

Don't run the 15" reflex- sealed is a better choice. Easier integration by far.

Comment

Lots of plastic wave guides out there with real performance specs to 1K. The 10s and 15s are redundant. Agreed that the sealed 15s would be best.
                  John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Working...
                  X