New 2.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2.1

In my quest for 2.1 sonic perfection, I have abandoned the Nobsound 2.1 chip amp and I am now constructing a Dayton 8" DSP sub kit. I never realized the Dayton plate amp also looped the satellites through and controlled the sub and satellite cutoff points, with a 12 or 24 DB slope. Nifty. I had been looking for a 2.1 chip amp that doesn't run the satellites full range, haven't seen one yet.

The Dayton kit gives you a flat pack from Denovo I believe, an 8" Dayton reference sub, and the 250 DSP plate amp at the price for the sub and amp. With a $20 coupon, I got some RCA cables, and a USB cable for about $300.

I added blocks behind the mounting points for the sub, it is quite heavy and there is only 3/8" mdf left after the rebate. Kit also includes some PE upmarket sound foam with PSA.

SMSL 50 amp to complete the new system.

Nit: some mounting screws would have been nice so a new builder doesn't have to buy a whole bag.

Edit: The component prices for the sub amp, speaker and sonic barrier foam is $330. The flat pack is not priced separately on the PE site. Kit price is $298.
    Last edited by djg; 09-03-2018, 06:46 PM.

You will be very pleased with the sound of the Dayton drivers and amps I’ve used a few of the 8 10 12 and 15” drivers from the high priced to the lower cheaper priced drivers and have been happy with all of them

Comment

Beefy little sub. What are you using for sats?

Comment

I have several pairs of small speakers. This is my PC sound.

Comment

Paint. Very humid today, tomorrow before I can flip it and finish painting.

Comment

Done, working. The software is on the Dayton product page, not PE. Big download, restart needed. Works super easy, I don't have the tools to use some of the adjustments. Setting LP and HP slopes is graphic and immediate. Adjust as you listen. Only been running for a few minutes, first impression, this is great for a PC 2.1 system, the real adjustability I had been looking at 2.1 chip amps to deliver.

Nit: Both rebates are about 1/8" deeper than needed for a flush fit.

Comment

Working...
            X