Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Kerfing MDF | Bluetooth Speaker Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerfing MDF | Bluetooth Speaker Build

This is another build I'm doing at the moment. It should look good when finished. In the video I mainly focus on how I kerfed the speaker enclosure. Let me know what you think.

Must be an Aussie thing mate I just did the same with some.cheap dressed Bunnings pine. I should have my Bluetooth speaker mainly finished on the weekend with a 180 deg kerf would be keen to see the next vid
    Last edited by 3rutu5; 11-06-2018, 02:59 AM.

Comment

I like the kerf technique, but with only one tweeter, how will you have stereo imaging?

Comment

The multiple microphones aren't there just for listening to commands; they also sense the dimensions of the room they're in and tailor the sound, so they're not really optional components. But if what you want is an inexpensive Bluetooth speaker, there are many on the market.

essay dune

Comment

good idea! I've kerfed some mdf for flared port before, but never a 360 degree wrap around. My guess is that you won't actually get stereo sound, it would best to be summed mono - especially since you'll often be farther away than ears can distinguish stereo anyway (especially with speakers that close together). Might as well take advantage of positive constructive interference for a db gain. Maybe even just go two full range driver's like Paul Carmody's Sprite:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	SpriteInYellow3.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cp4VG-zFEplDkk6pSJEINDfkfakgIHZ50PCxaun03q7kr2OFnv9phLsK_v5FCqL2avEPPc3N6u9n5SzYln0nVU3lsUPOBA-V7Q7EGOvkkxE6e1u7h6S6-sjYlkZ95totbPbmOvi_WCeJNpz4Ax7PY4CrMEC1Fy8o6EpyHo9yeHXhxPa4haTpi_XtWc-BKPWFWu7qohSzg8bqnEUtxavLiWx6Bop
Views:	1
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1396903

I don't know how married you are to the speaker set up, but here's his build thread:

Comment

Working...
          X