Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Big Cheap Array - Holes, holes and more holes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh wow.

I see the fostner bit for the tweeters but how did you make the holes for the woofers?
    Big fostner bit? I have a bit big enough to do the opening for the ND105 woofer, but I think that's the largest one I own.

I like seeing this project unfold. I'm in the very beginning stages of an array as well; tiny compared to this, though. Cool!

Man, you don't like to go home, do you? As in 'Go big or......'

TomZ
    *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
    *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
      Oh wow.

I see the fostner bit for the tweeters but how did you make the holes for the woofers?
      Big fostner bit? I have a bit big enough to do the opening for the ND105 woofer, but I think that's the largest one I own.

I like seeing this project unfold. I'm in the very beginning stages of an array as well; tiny compared to this, though. Cool!

Man, you don't like to go home, do you? As in 'Go big or......'

TomZ
      I just used a plain 'ol (3-3/4") hole saw. The MDF quickly clogs the saw, so I had to pull it out and clear the teeth about 5 or 6 times for each hole.

Comment

Speaker grills. Bartertown certified.

Comment

We need an update!

Comment

Yes, yes, an update would be great! Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry for no updates - the project isn't dead. I've just been super busy with other commitments and haven't even had time to even step foot back in the garage. My main distraction is SCCA autocross. I'm a racer, on our region's Board of Directors, and do course design/setup. Add to that, this little thing called a "Job." ;)

Comment

Working...
              X