Nephila x JJ Audio Speaker Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derekj View Post

Where abouts in BC do you live - i'm in Squamish.
    Van

Squamton eh? That's really nice. Spend most of my summers trying to climb up rocks and biking down hills round there :p

Comment

Hey Wolf ,

I have a very faint hissing sound when I play a 1kHz test tone coming from the ribbons. It's the exact same from both speakers, so could rule out the connections on the xo. Have you experienced this at all?

Comment

The xover of the AMT is at 3.4k, so it should be well attenuated by then in the AMT. I guess I don't know of this actually being a problem, or that it would even need resolved. Why would you play a 1kHz tone anyway?

Later,
        Wolf
        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
        http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
          The xover of the AMT is at 3.4k, so it should be well attenuated by then in the AMT. I guess I don't know of this actually being a problem, or that it would even need resolved. Why would you play a 1kHz tone anyway?

Later,
          Wolf
          I played a variety of frequencies to try pick out why there is a slight dip in volume at +75 db and both high and low freq extensions of a song kick (I hope I explained that clearly, otherwise I can try again ). I have a feeling it is the amplifier or power supply. It was during this test that I noticed the slight hissing from the AMT's at 1kHz. I agree with you, shouldn't be anything there at 1kHz based on the xover design.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGarison View Post

Van

Squamton eh? That's really nice. Spend most of my summers trying to climb up rocks and biking down hills round there :p
            Survive the storm today? It was a good one
            See my projects on Instagram and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Derekj View Post

Survive the storm today? It was a good one
              Yea, was in white rock on highway 1 right as God passed gas

Comment

Working...
              X