The Royale's-Christmas presents for my daughter and boss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Those are beautiful. Curious as to what router/program setup you are using.

Cheers!
    Thanks Scott! I'm cutting all of my parts on a DMS 5-axis router and the NC files are written in MasterCam software. Both belong to the company I work for and the boss lets me use them anytime I like.
    My "No-Name" CC Speaker
    Kerry's "Silverbacks"
    Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
    The Archers
    Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
    The Gandalf's

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin K. View Post

Thanks Scott! I'm cutting all of my parts on a DMS 5-axis router and the NC files are written in MasterCam software. Both belong to the company I work for and the boss lets me use them anytime I like.
      Man, got it made on the fab side then. Great work regardless.
      All views and opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of Parts Express.

Void where prohibited. Batteries not included. All sales final.

Comment

Great job. How do you like the ceramic coated tweeter compared to a fabric dome? I have the same mid-woofers, but in the 8-ohm version, and am debating what tweeter to pair with them. The ceramic with its white dome matches the mid-basses nicely from a visual standpoint. What size box are you using? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dst View Post
          Great job. How do you like the ceramic coated tweeter compared to a fabric dome? I have the same mid-woofers, but in the 8-ohm version, and am debating what tweeter to pair with them. The ceramic with its white dome matches the mid-basses nicely from a visual standpoint. What size box are you using? Thanks.
          Thank You Sir! Man I wish I had enough experience to feel more confident about the answer to your question. I've only worked with a few different tweeters so far and they've all mostly been different types. So I can't really say for sure how it compares to a similar silk dome. I did find myself wanting to tilt this tweeter more upwards instead of trying to stay as flat as possible. Agreed, from a visual standpoint, the matching white domes look really nice together. And I'm not saying I wasn't happy with the final results using this tweeter, in fact, quite the opposite. This pair is one of my favorites now.

The enclosures are 9 liters net, tuned to 41hz, F3 of 45. Not sure how the same size will work out for the 8ohm version? Good Luck!
          My "No-Name" CC Speaker
          Kerry's "Silverbacks"
          Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
          The Archers
          Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
          The Gandalf's

Comment

The 8 ohm version really needs more than 9L. I built my pair in some repurposed 12- 13 or so Liter enclosures. They would have benefitted from 16-18 Liters. Still great drivers...
            Craig

Comment

Working...
            X