Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts!

Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project.
We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well!

Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans.

We hope to see you this summer!

Vivian and Jill
2 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Cap for 3 tweeters in series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap for 3 tweeters in series

Hi - I'm planning a project where i will be running an array of 3 Dayton Audio ND16FA-6 5/8" Soft Dome Neodymium Tweeters in series - these are 6 ohms each - in series 18 ohms. I would like to look at a crossover at about 4K Hz. What capacitor would get me in that ballpark? I'm trying to get somewhere close before I start experimenting. Any help would be appreciated.

This forum is for finished projects, photos, and links to rite-ups or build threads. You'll get more results for a query over in the TechTalk sector.

Later,
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

A (tiny) 0.6-0.7uF cap would be in the "park", but 2nd order would be MUCH better (by adding a shunt coil - to ground, in the 1.2-1.5mH range).
      This could vary a LOT depending on what type of padding you use.

(sorry Ben)

Comment

Remember, if not using a film cap like poly, electrolytic caps must be non-polarized or bipolar (same thing).

Comment

Working...
        X