Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts!

Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project.
We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well!

Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans.

We hope to see you this summer!

Vivian and Jill
2 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Large advent switch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large advent switch

Hello. I just completed my first refoam/recap project on my new large advents that I bought new in 1980. Sound great. Have 4 other sets of speakers to refoam. One issue - the large Advent speakers have a switch in the back - extended, normal and decrease - one speaker only plays in the extended position. I think that it must be bad resistors based on the circuit diagram. I am hesitant to touch the crossover network now that they are back playing. Has anyone else had an issue like this? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. It SEEMs like the 1ohmer is "open".
    If that IS the problem, you could jumper across it to test the theory - or jumper another 1ohm resistor (10w) across it.

When OFF "Extended", are you saying the tweeter won't play, the woofer, or neither?
    Last edited by Chris Roemer; 02-03-2019, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
      I agree. It SEEMs like the 1ohmer is "open". If that IS the problem, you could jumper across it to test the theory - or jumper another 1ohm resistor (10w) across it. When OFF "Extended", are you saying the tweeter won't play, the woofer, or neither?
      Thx for your response. The speaker is silent with the switch in the normal and in the decrease position. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's really weird. Then the 1n resistor seems bad, as well as the woofer coil (or the internal switch contacts)?
        You're not from Wisconsin, are you (or know anyone w/a DATS)?
        Could you have left part of the circuit open when you updated the caps?

Comment

I agree. Will check the left side of the circuit. May have left it open when soldering. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X