Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debating my build? Statement 2's or statement monitors?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debating my build? Statement 2's or statement monitors?

Ok I am building my home audio setup. I am looking for a stronger CC and base the fronts off of the CC. I looking at the larger statement 2 center I see being built I am leaning strongly with it. Although I don't think I would be disappointed with the original statement CC. My living room is 12x24 with the 12ft side being where my tv and speakers are going do I have enough width to go with the larger CC to match the larger statement 2 towers? Also how close is to close to the rear wall for the statement 2 towers? I see the monitors for the statements have been worked so they can go near or far from the rear wall. With the space I have what would be my best options? Either original statement CC with statement monitors or the full statement 2 towers and the larger CC?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3264-2 (Large).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	260.5 KB
ID:	1402767
    Originally posted by jachristmas View Post
    Ok I am building my home audio setup. I am looking for a stronger CC and base the fronts off of the CC. I looking at the larger statement 2 center I see being built I am leaning strongly with it. Although I don't think I would be disappointed with the original statement CC. My living room is 12x24 with the 12ft side being where my tv and speakers are going do I have enough width to go with the larger CC to match the larger statement 2 towers? Also how close is to close to the rear wall for the statement 2 towers? I see the monitors for the statements have been worked so they can go near or far from the rear wall. With the space I have what would be my best options? Either original statement CC with statement monitors or the full statement 2 towers and the larger CC?
    It appears that your focus is on home theater. The Statements II center is my recommendation. Since it's a sealed design is has much more placement flexibility. You could certainly use Statements II towers for mains, but it would be over kill for a home theaters focused system. They are great for home theater but they were designed for music lovers that have audiophile quality systems with music as their primary focus. I'd suggest you consider Anthology's. They are excellent for music and they give up nothing for home theater. The dynamics, spl capability and tonal match is the same as Statements or Statements II.

BTW, the Statements Monitors are a great sounding speaker but simply can't compete in a high performance, dynamic home theater system.

Placement; All of our open back mid designs are created to sound best with about 18" clearance from the rear of the speaker to the wall behind and with a similar amount of clearance on the sides. They also need to have lower height furniture between them with flat panel TV's positioned near or on the wall. In other words, cubby hole positioning of the speakers doesn't work.

This is a picture of my 14'x20' home theater/listening room.

HTH

Jim

Attached Files

Comment

Now, that is a pretty cool listening room!

Love the pictures and the guitar and of course the Bordeauxs.

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Millar View Post
        Now, that is a pretty cool listening room!

Love the pictures and the guitar and of course the Bordeauxs.

Geoff
        Thanks Geoff! I owe the decor to my wife and her BFF which is an interior decorator. The speakers I owe to my good friend Curt! :-)

Jim

Comment

JACHRISTMAS, I am very interested in how your room turns out as I am also in the process of building a listening room that is 12X24. It just passed the insulation phase of the permit inspections and I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel (so far over a year of rewiring the basement, replumbing the basement, and building a completely separate, room in room structure in the basement). Please keep me posted as to how your room turns out.

Jim, that is a truly outstanding looking room. I am sure you are proud.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Holtz View Post

Thanks Geoff! I owe the decor to my wife and her BFF which is an interior decorator. The speakers I owe to my good friend Curt! :-)

Jim
            The carpet really shows off the system, and I imagine is practical too in terms of sound quality.

Some incredible looking components, too!

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by kblackmore View Post

Jim, that is a truly outstanding looking room. I am sure you are proud.
              Thank you! I am enjoying my "man cave"

Jim

Comment

We do watch a good bit if movies but we also like to watch concerts on our system, such as the eagles, bb king and others. To me the sound to fit the concerts is important to me. I want to feel like I am there I the crowd. Is the recomindations the same. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jachristmas View Post
                  We do watch a good bit if movies but we also like to watch concerts on our system, such as the eagles, bb king and others. To me the sound to fit the concerts is important to me. I want to feel like I am there I the crowd. Is the recomindations the same. Thanks
                  The Anthology's would do great but so would the the Statements II but have better mids with audiophile quality source components and recordings. Your choice. The ability to recreate a concert will depend on your pre-pro and amp as much as the speakers.

HTH

Jim

Comment

Working...
                  X