Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts!

Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project.
We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well!

Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans.

We hope to see you this summer!

Vivian and Jill
2 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

JBL2235H passive radiator build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBL2235H passive radiator build

I’m breathing new live into My old JBLs. Denovo 18” Ultimax enclosures with Dayton 18” passive radiators and cutting a hole to mount My 20+yr old rebuilt JBLs. Crossing over high, 500hz ish, I’m using the PRV 5MR450 8 in open baffle on top! I still need to purchase the Minidsp HD to handle the processing, preamp, and crossover needs but have 3 Dayton APA150s one for each woofer, one the PRV’s will share. I’m hoping the amplifiers will be enough to get things moving, perhaps an upgrade in the future? First things first, I need to get it all together and working! With the help of My two Sons, it won’t take long and has been a fun build for all of Us! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i picket up a pare of Realistic T-110. 10 in radiators bad. I want to add 10 in woofer and 3 way crossover. What do you think. Do I need to port or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffry Ames View Post
      I’m breathing new live into My old JBLs. Denovo 18” Ultimax enclosures with Dayton 18” passive radiators and cutting a hole to mount My 20+yr old rebuilt JBLs. Crossing over high, 500hz ish, I’m using the PRV 5MR450 8 in open baffle on top! I still need to purchase the Minidsp HD to handle the processing, preamp, and crossover needs but have 3 Dayton APA150s one for each woofer, one the PRV’s will share. I’m hoping the amplifiers will be enough to get things moving, perhaps an upgrade in the future? First things first, I need to get it all together and working! With the help of My two Sons, it won’t take long and has been a fun build for all of Us! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Awesome work, nice to have the help of your boys. What will the passives tune the cabinet to? I know the drivers will be efficient, but do you think the apa150s will be enough?

steve1tanetwo, it would be best for you to start your own thread instead of hijacking someone else’s thread. In short, adding a 10”
      woofer would be a horrible idea, the 8” uses that cabinet volume. You could make a tiny cabinet for the 8” and use it as a mid, but it would probably make a poor dedicated mid. At that point you’d have the room for a sealed 10, but you’d need to isolate it from the 8

Dan

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FE836929-798A-4339-8229-9BF8A78B93FC.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	510.6 KB
ID:	1407618Click image for larger version

Name:	480D4930-A50E-46DF-8A84-4B902448FA78.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	793.2 KB
ID:	1407617
        Originally posted by saabracer23 View Post

Awesome work, nice to have the help of your boys. What will the passives tune the cabinet to? I know the drivers will be efficient, but do you think the apa150s will be enough?

steve1tanetwo, it would be best for you to start your own thread instead of hijacking someone else’s thread. In short, adding a 10”
        woofer would be a horrible idea, the 8” uses that cabinet volume. You could make a tiny cabinet for the 8” and use it as a mid, but it would probably make a poor dedicated mid. At that point you’d have the room for a sealed 10, but you’d need to isolate it from the 8

Dan
        Thank You Sir!
        I’m very pleased with how they turned out, I’m finding the apa 150s are PLENTIFUL!
        I have gain growing out My ears with headroom for the neighbors neighbor.
        the woofer enclosures are tuned around 24hz.
        I was pleasantly surprised how little equalizing is needed, I crossed over at 500hz adjusted gain by ear and took a measurement using My Minidsp microphone it’s quite flat from 15hz-15k, I fully expected a roller coaster of frequency adjustments! It’s just a little notch filter around 7500 is needed but still sounds great without!

Comment

Working...
        X