Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Classix II first time build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classix II first time build

I finally finished up the Classix II speakers that I picked up around Christmas, and they sound fantastic!

There were a lot of mishaps along the way, but most of the mistakes could be "hidden" in one way or another.

I enjoy woodworking and love working with my soldering iron, so I definitely think I've found my new niche! Im already itching to build something new since these ended up being too big for the living room haha.

Here's the build album:

https://imgur.com/gallery/FWP9l0R

Very nice job! I see the stain trouble you had in the rear. I feel your pain. Overall they look great.

Comment

Nice job! Built these myself and love them. Enjoy!
      Paul

The "SB's" build page
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...-4-(pic-heavy)

Comment

Wow. Very nice! I'd say you're a step or two ahead of your typical woodworking-speaker builder. Dadoes and mitered corners look great. I don't think a guy can go wrong building any of Paul Carmody's designs. I've built Overnight Sensations, Core 2-ways, and Sunflowers; all Paul's designs and I love all of them.
        I've built countless speakers and other projects and I don't think I've ever built one without some sort of misstep. A little imagination goes a long way in making missteps disappear.

Mike
        "We're speaker geeks, not speaker nerds. Nerds make money!" Marty H
        Bismarck, North Dakota
        My Current System: Jolida SJ502A, Squeezebox Touch, and Carmody Sunflowers
        My Garage System:Marantz 2238B and Nano-Neos

Comment

I have to tell you how impressed I am with your XO soldering skills! Just as artful as the outside of the cabinets.

Comment

They look great, and will sound great, too. Make mine look very amateurish.

I found that they sound best on stands, and slightly away from corners.

Well done!

Geoff

Comment

That's one solid-looking build. Nice work...!
              Brian Steele
              www.diysubwoofers.org

Comment

Thanks everyone!

I'm definitely enjoying them, but really need to get them away from the wall/corner that they're in right now. So, I guess next up on the list is a side console for them to sit on..

The speakers took way longer than they should have, but I'm really happy with how they turned out. I spent entirely too long on the crossover too, especially since no one will see them, but I think it was the most enjoyable part of the build for me.

I'm just surprised I still had all the errors I did even going so slowly with the build haha..

Comment

Working...
                X