Classix II first time build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classix II first time build

I finally finished up the Classix II speakers that I picked up around Christmas, and they sound fantastic!

There were a lot of mishaps along the way, but most of the mistakes could be "hidden" in one way or another.

I enjoy woodworking and love working with my soldering iron, so I definitely think I've found my new niche! Im already itching to build something new since these ended up being too big for the living room haha.

Here's the build album:

https://imgur.com/gallery/FWP9l0R

Very nice job! I see the stain trouble you had in the rear. I feel your pain. Overall they look great.

Comment

Nice job! Built these myself and love them. Enjoy!
      Paul

The "SB's" build page
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...-4-(pic-heavy)

Comment

Wow. Very nice! I'd say you're a step or two ahead of your typical woodworking-speaker builder. Dadoes and mitered corners look great. I don't think a guy can go wrong building any of Paul Carmody's designs. I've built Overnight Sensations, Core 2-ways, and Sunflowers; all Paul's designs and I love all of them.
        I've built countless speakers and other projects and I don't think I've ever built one without some sort of misstep. A little imagination goes a long way in making missteps disappear.

Mike
        "We're speaker geeks, not speaker nerds. Nerds make money!" Marty H
        Bismarck, North Dakota
        My Current System: Jolida SJ502A, Squeezebox Touch, and Carmody Sunflowers
        My Garage System:Marantz 2238B and Nano-Neos

Comment

I have to tell you how impressed I am with your XO soldering skills! Just as artful as the outside of the cabinets.

Comment

They look great, and will sound great, too. Make mine look very amateurish.

I found that they sound best on stands, and slightly away from corners.

Well done!

Geoff

Comment

That's one solid-looking build. Nice work...!
              Brian Steele
              www.diysubwoofers.org

Comment

Thanks everyone!

I'm definitely enjoying them, but really need to get them away from the wall/corner that they're in right now. So, I guess next up on the list is a side console for them to sit on..

The speakers took way longer than they should have, but I'm really happy with how they turned out. I spent entirely too long on the crossover too, especially since no one will see them, but I think it was the most enjoyable part of the build for me.

I'm just surprised I still had all the errors I did even going so slowly with the build haha..

Comment

Working...
                X