Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

New speaker ptoject with Altec horns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New speaker ptoject with Altec horns

I'm getting ready to build some new speakers. I have a pair of Altec 811 horns. The woofers Altec used that matched up good with these were the 416-8B 15" woofer. They are way to expensive for my wallet and want to find something that will match up close to the 416's. I am looking to build something as close to the model 19 as I can. Anyone have any other suggestions??

811 B

Want to add this will be a 2 way speaker system... I did find these that look like they may be something that could work for this build...
    B-52 by Eminence 15-160 15" Pro Audio 500 Watt Driver 8 Ohm

Comment

The page for the B-52 said it is smooth up to 1.6k, so that seems like it would be a good contender.

Comment

Here are some specs....

Thiele-Small parameters for

Altec 416-8B woofer
        Xmax (inch) 0.15
        RE (ohms) 7.27
        Vd (cu.in.) 19.20
        Fs (Hz) 22.88
        Vas (cu.ft.) 18.280
        Ref (%) 2.70
        QTS 0.323
        Qms 8.188
        Qes 0.336
        Vid 0.20

Freq response (Hz) 25-1600
        98db SPL

Comment

Originally posted by susanb View Post
          I'm getting ready to build some new speakers. I have a pair of Altec 811 horns. The woofers Altec used that matched up good with these were the 416-8B 15" woofer. They are way to expensive for my wallet and want to find something that will match up close to the 416's. I am looking to build something as close to the model 19 as I can. Anyone have any other suggestions??
          the questions myself too, no experiences?

Comment

Originally posted by Betty84845 View Post

the questions myself too, no experiences?
            You looking to do something similar? I am thinking building something like this is how I may go, these are over on ebay

Comment

I tried to do something like this but I couldn't get a clear sound
              real reviews based on personal experience https://scamfighter.net/review/essaybot.com

Comment

So, Betty likes Susan, and Mike Trase, bot or not?

Comment

Great ideas! I'm really anticipating your next posts,

Comment

Working...
                  X