Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvylogan
    replied
    WOW! My initial suspicions were correct. Hook these things up to a little current and man, no muddy bass there. I hooked them up to one of my little Adcom 535s and they are pretty damn fine. I may wire them to one of my 555s and see what they sound like. I had them hooked to an Onkyo receiver and they were good but missing a little something. Not now....combined with the Adcom....Smokin.

Mathew

Leave a comment:

• Harvylogan
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete Schumacher View Post
    The interior definitely needs some stuffing. Standing waves will form and impinge on the cones, so some centrally located absorptive material is essential. If you can wedge a chunk of OC703 near the center of the enclosure it will do a lot to clear up the sound.
    Been completely berried @ work. Hopefully have some time to work on this this weekend. They sound really good Pete. Just some final tweaking.

Matthew

Leave a comment:

• rosemartine
    replied
    Hey Harvylogan,

Good work done by you .This speaker looking very nice. Well Done!

Leave a comment:

• Pete Schumacher
    replied
    The interior definitely needs some stuffing. Standing waves will form and impinge on the cones, so some centrally located absorptive material is essential. If you can wedge a chunk of OC703 near the center of the enclosure it will do a lot to clear up the sound.

Leave a comment:

• Harvylogan
    replied
    Originally posted by westrock2000 View Post
    How is the perceived bass?
    Bass is strong. The WinISD model looked good with 90g added to each PR. I am still doing some tuning but so far I have gone to 120g per. That made the bass perception a bit more defined and a bit deeper but I need to do some more listening and breaking in. I also changed from my bench amp to one of my listening amps and it cleaned it up more. I certainly have a lot to work with. There is no lack of bass at all. I am going to check the tuning with measurements this weekend if I have time and if not I will surely take some soon. I constructed the boxes out of 1" mdf and they are fully lined with 3 layer sonic barrier so they are fairly dead. I haven't done anything with stuffing yet but I have confidence I can work out the bass to sound like I want. To my ears the bass needs a bit more definition @ high volume. They do not sound strained. They just need a little more cone control high output levels.

Matthew

Leave a comment:

• westrock2000
    replied
    How is the perceived bass?

Leave a comment:

• bullittstang
    replied
    Very nice job - looks good and (by your measurement) should sound very good. The dip is more than likely the tweeter diffraction on the edge of the cabinet and will probably smooth out some off-axis, 10-20-degrees. As you mentioned - most would not be able to hear it, without really good hearing.

Leave a comment:

• Harvylogan
    replied
    As promised, here is a measurement overlay of both speakers. Looks pretty smooth with good BSC. Not sure what is causing the -4db dip @ 13000. Could be a measurement anomaly or the fact that I changed the front baffle size slightly. Either way, it doesnt seem audible to my 60 year old ears. They sound really good. Also, this is the first time I have used Omnimic so not sure I got it exactly right.

Click image for larger version  Name:	APOLLO 1-2.PNG Views:	1 Size:	323.9 KB ID:	1413901

Click image for larger version  Name:	measurement.jpg Views:	1 Size:	366.2 KB ID:	1413902

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Nice job, nice workshop.

Leave a comment:

• Harvylogan
    started a topic Apollo MTM Passive Radiator Version

Apollo MTM Passive Radiator Version

Went with passive radiator design utilizing DSA270-PR (one for each woofer). No measurements yet. Will be posting when I take them.. They sound pretty good though. Spent the last couple of days in the shop burning them in on quite a bit of material form Tidal.

Took my first swing @ wood veneer as well. Not too bad.

Thought I would post a few pics.

Working...
X