X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djg
    started a topic What I am making from Wolf's "Zinger" design

What I am making from Wolf's "Zinger" design

Particle board pieces and a fabricated windowpane brace, main front to back between the driver cutouts.

• djg
    replied
    They are piling up.

Leave a comment:

• Jake
    replied
    Awesome job! Your building quite the collection djg.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• silverD
    replied
    Look great and nice build log, cheers!

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    I put these things into service before taking any decent pics. Here.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Thanks.They do look like those Brit units. I was thinking more about vintage Japanese speakers, but no denying the similarity. Also thinking about "ramps" to either side of the tweeter up to the edge. And I do want to do a foam grill.

I used 2/3 of a 3 lb bag and still didn't fill them up.

PE should kit these, I bet they would sell. These are 100% PE parts. Everyone talks about an 8" 2 way, but no one does anything about it. 'Til now.

Leave a comment:

• fdieck
    replied
    Those look so nice that I hate to mention the recessed front panel will cause some diffraction and frequency response errors in the tweeter range. You might try some felt around tweeter like on the LS3/5a. They look like a nice set of British Spendors from the 80s. I love the attention to detail and wood and baffle color choices.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Oh yeah- and please enjoy them! They will take the juice.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    I'm certain I had a pound of fill in them at least, maybe a touch more than that. I also knew it wouldn't take you that long once you got to this point. I know I would not be able to hold out on a new pair if I was that far along.
    Yeah, buddy! Mindwarpage going down!! Nope, subs really aren't necessary. Prepare for 'Course of Ruin'...

Thanks for building one of mine, djg!
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    That's an old pic to show the big bag of poly I used. I can say these don't need a sub.

Leave a comment:

• silverD
    replied
    Bye bye high-pass! If you are done, what are the other components in the bag for? Second speaker?

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    I lied. These things rock. Recommended. Heavy fill. The veils have been lifted.

Leave a comment:

• silverD
    replied
    Looking good, nice job!

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Tomorrow or the next day before final assy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X