No announcement yet.

My Current Project...(Teasers...)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got one last x-over sim for you, in case down the road you want to experiment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	one last sim_12 parts.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	329.6 KB
ID:	1421024

Comment

• Hey mattp,
      Good work it is.It's looking nice.

Comment

• After life getting in the way, weather and moving my listening room around I finally got started on the subs a couple days ago. I am to the point in this project where I am pretty well over MDF dust.

Little tip: If you can manage it, buy your MDF in full sheets and cut it to manageable sizes with a circular saw and a home made zero clearance track. It will cost you about half of what four handi-panels cost and you will end up with far less scrap. The track was some leftover plywood I had laying around, took about 5 minutes to make and is accurate and repeatable, so a nice tool to have. Plus, circular saws are cheap. I usually cut them about 1/4" large and do a final size cut on the table saw.

Name:	
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	1421572

Name:	
Size:	287.7 KB
ID:	1421574

Name:	
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	1421573

Name:	
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	1421576

Name:	
Size:	242.5 KB
ID:	1421575
        Your results may vary.

Comment

• I dreaded cutting the holes in the braces even though I have done far more in the past. I considered doing this outside (and wished I had). The final eight holes I need to cut will be done outside, as well as the sanding and final edge routing.

Name:	
Size:	269.9 KB
ID:	1421581

Name:	
Size:	274.3 KB
ID:	1421582
          Like with the bookshelves, I cut narrow dados in the top and bottom panels of the subs so the bracing would be spaced right and would mean much easier assembly. It takes a few extra minutes to cut these but it is worth it.

Name:	
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	1421580

Did I mention I am over dust? I decided at the start of this project my shop was just going to be caked until it was done. I cannot wait for a relatively windy day when I can just open up the doors and go to town with the leaf blower. My chainsaw sits under my main work bench to give you an idea.

Name:	
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	1421579

Your results may vary.

Comment

• Forgot to mention -

These will be double thick like the bookshelves and in case you missed it, will house two RSS315HFA-8 subs in each, dual opposed.

I also decided that I will repaint the stand tubes, likely a dark graphite matte, or a matte hammer tone if I can find it. That may not be for a while since those were a bit of a pain and I don't feel like revisiting that yet lol.
            Your results may vary.

Comment

Working...
            X