Announcement

Collapse

2nd Annual Stock-toberfest

2nd Annual Stock-toberfest starts October 17th! Time to stock-up on great products at great prices! Click the Parts Express Logo at the top left of this page.
See more
See less

The SeaMores

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you!

I have them ready to stain. I'm using a mixture of Old Masters wood gain filler with a Minwax stain. More photos of the finished cabinets coming soon.

Comment

Stained and the first coat of poly brushed on.

Comment

Very nice. The veneer looks sort of like sapele.
        It is estimated that one percent of the general population are psychopaths - New Criminologist: Understanding Psychopaths

Comment

Thank you! And thanks for the heads up on the veneer species. I do believe it is a figured sapele. I just brushed on the last coat of poly, so should have some new pictures later today.

Comment

Finally back to the project and making progress. Working on getting the baffles painted and the crossovers wired up.

Comment

https://images.app.goo.gl/AdtedAC1W5ewKQfP7

Sapele perhaps. From experience i know that sapele, and most other mahogany knockoffs, have a slightly caustic nasal irritant effect to them from breathing in the dust. To test, scuff sand a section and smell the dust. It should burn ever so slightly.

Comment

Yes, it definitely causes sinus irritation when sanding.

Comment

Finally Finished! Spent some time listening to them last night and I'm very pleased. My go-to disks of Amelia Royko, Adele, Jackyl and Joe Satriani all sounded terrific. Vocals are smooth, stereo imaging is perfect and they play loud with no sign of stress. Obviously they don't have the bass extension of my towers but they will be fine in my application without a sub. Special thanks to Chris Roemer for his help with the crossover design. He really nailed it!

Comment

Very nice looking speakers - very happy you did not do truck bed liner, the wood looks great.

Comment

Thank you! But now they're too nice to go in the shop. Oh well, hafta build another pair now

Comment

Working...
                      X