Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djg
    replied
    The deadly fly cutter. You should have to go through a background check to buy one of those.

Leave a comment:

• skatz
    replied
    [QU but don't ever try using one in a hand held drill.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the voice of experience!

Steve

Leave a comment:

• randytyler
    replied
    Sorry, I've always called it a swing saw. It's actually a General Tool Circle Cutter: https://www.generaltools.com/heavy-duty-circle-cutter

Works great in a drill press, but don't ever try using one in a hand held drill.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    "swing saw on drill press", google fails me. Help? Nice work.

Leave a comment:

• randytyler
    replied
    Thank you! What you're seeing is a rabbeting router bit kit. I just install the bearing/sleeve corresponding to the recess I need and then set the bit depth on the router table and spin the box around the bit. I have a couple of different Japser jigs I use for larger enclosures, but this method works great for smaller boxes. Same with cutting the holes with the swing saw on the drill press.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Oh, and the speakers look nice too.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    What is that in the second picture? Is that what you did the recesses with? Looks interesting.
    TomZ

Leave a comment:

• randytyler
    replied
    Just a few more pictures

Leave a comment:

• randytyler
    replied
    More pictures

Leave a comment:

• randytyler
    started a topic The SeaMores

The SeaMores

After several weeks of anticipation (procrastination), I finally got a chance to “make some sawdust” last weekend. My new shop speakers, tentatively dubbed the “SeaMores” will be outfitted with a Morel MW168 6" woofer with a SEAS 22TAF/G tweeter. The enclosures are approximately 10L with a 1-1/2” diameter vent. Following are pictures of my progress so far.
    Special thanks to Dynamo and Chris Roemer for their enclosure and crossover design assistance!
Working...
X