X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarface1
    started a topic W6-1139SIF with tpa3116d2 2.1 amp

W6-1139SIF with tpa3116d2 2.1 amp

In the past I had made a boombox with the W6-1139SIF so I buyed 2 off them! Now I wanted to build a 2.1 speaker set with 230V for home use, because the battery give me some trouble in the past.

• Scarface1
    replied
    Thanks Tom, you never know 😅 I have a "air-strip" on the back so now i'm sure there are no air leaks.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Nice looking project Scarface.
    I see I'm not the only one who uses lots of screws to attach a panel.
    TomZ

Leave a comment:

• Scarface1
    replied
    The Subwoofer and back panel attached

Leave a comment:

• Scarface1
    replied
    Almost finished..

Leave a comment:

• Scarface1
    replied
    On the back of the enclosure I put some "wooden bar", 27 mm wide and 18 mm thick so I can screw the back panel on it, so I can remove it later if I want to adjust something inside the box. The paint I use is black high gloss (translate from my language). The amplifier, tpa3116d2 2.1 is mounted on the back panel with some 4 mm MDF which I put some holes in and Sanded 1 mm off it. I put some speaker terminal on the back panel, aux cable and 2.1 mm power wire.

put some varnish on the front panel and glued it on the enclosure. Put some painting tape on the front panel, sand the box, paint all over and repeat till I have a good result...

Leave a comment:

• Scarface1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scarface1
    replied
    I tuned the box to 30 hz with a netto volume of 25 liters and use a 2 inch precision port(25.5 cm because of flared ends). The wood I used is 15 mm MDF and for the front panel I used a kind of multiplex, I think birch or poplar, 18 mm thick.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X