No announcement yet.

Sony SSCS5 tower build.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony SSCS5 tower build.

I have been looking for a good tower diy kit, But I am pretty tight on the budget. I went through many options (every option on PE) to be exact and a couple seemed good for the price but usually they did not have a cross over or the ones with a cross over we’re pretty expensive I have built a couple of speakers already. So I found the sscs5’s for 73$ a pair (on amazon they were on sale) and bought 2 pairs. they already have crossovers and they sound amazing! Especially in the tower set up that I did. It’s not exactly what I wanted because I wanted a full diy kit but I could not pass up the price. I will be doing a full diy subwoofer to pair with these either an RSS210HF or an RSS265HF. I plan on completely re-skinning the towers to help them match my wife’s decor around it so like a rustic wood look.

Good job, and great job thinking outside the box. How do they sound ?
    craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

they sound fantastic! my wife is a professional singer and i am a music snob (AKA) audiophil i guess. i like the true representation of how the music was intended to sound. and these things in this orinitation sound seriously fantastic. my wife whom builds sets for her band and listens to music consatantly through professional stage quality inears made by 64, says the same thing. my church has a studio room that i work in ever week with this set up https://www.amazon.com/PreSonus-Eris...gateway&sr=8-4 in it and if you remove the sub and you were to put the sony towers against the presonus towers the sony wins but that is also not fair because i am using 4 3way speakers against 2 2way speakers. if you put sony pair against these presonus pair i think the presonus have it due to shear fullness of sound that you get from the presonus speakers. the sscs5's are amazing worth more then there full sticker price for sure and i found them for half the price on sale. if you are sensitive to the higher range of sound waves then put them on the ground, if your not a fan of bass put them on stands. these are easily the best studio quality speaker you can get under 300$. every sound is so clear! sometimes i think my kids are making sounds behind me or up stairs but there not. i have never been this satisfied with listening to music lol my wife kind of regrets it because i want to listen to music and she just wants to watch her shows lol.

Comment

i wish i had good recording equipment to make another video.

Comment

I was just curious as to which PE DIY tower kits don't have crossovers?

Comment

woops i was mixing up my plan to put a better crossover into the dayton audio T652's and all they have is a cap for the tweeters. my initial plan was to make a crossover and sepperate the volume of the two woofers on those towers my bad. thanx for the correction. my next plan was to get to pairs of the c note kits and make those into towers but then i found the sscs5's for 73 a pair

Comment

Just looked on Amazon and they're $148.00 a pair

Comment

Originally posted by randyohoh View Post
                Just looked on Amazon and they're $148.00 a pair
                They were on sale for Memorial Day weekend.

Comment

Glad you got the great redults you did. Makes things worth the effort
                  craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Part 2 of the tower build

Comment

Some pics

Comment

Comment

so i have decided to get a deftech prosub 100tl and i have taken it apart to seal the inside of the box and do a better job with the fiberglass i have also removed the plate amp and installed it on my amp which i will have pics up soon when this website fixes that problem.

BUT i have an issue!!!!!!!!!!!!! while taking everything apart i noticed that the wires on the back of the sub are wired backwards i have not verified the polarity yet but on back of driver black goes to red but on amp black goes to black.

did they do this on purpose????????? do to crossovers or something? or could this be a mistake?

PLEASE HELP.

Comment

Polarity isn't "critical" that way on a sub. Most have a switch to "flip" polarity (at the least) and proper integration will can depend on your mains, crossover freq., ROOM PLACEMENT, and other stuff. (As always) proper polarity will be where your bass is loudest, not when the sub is fighting the mains.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
                              Polarity isn't "critical" that way on a sub. Most have a switch to "flip" polarity (at the least) and proper integration will can depend on your mains, crossover freq., ROOM PLACEMENT, and other stuff. (As always) proper polarity will be where your bass is loudest, not when the sub is fighting the mains.
                              this is what i thought initially i guess i will just place it in the room and try it both ways thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X