Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony SSCS5 tower build.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	507.5 KB ID:	1424270 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	543.9 KB ID:	1424271 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	541.6 KB ID:	1424272 Bought the deftech prosub 100tl. I removed the amp and made a blank off plate. Then I braced the top, bottom, and sides. I also used water based kilz primer thinned it with the recommended amount of water and painted the inside to help seal the “MDF” they use( it’s basically particle board). Then I took the one piece of fiber glass, split it up and glued it to the walls. In the process of removing the amp and fiber glass is when I found that the driver was wired backwards.
    Attached Files

Comment

Good job on the bracing Definitely worth the effort improving the cabs. As the previous poster said, don't worry about the polarity being flipped. Put it where it integrates best, and if you end up wanting to change it, it's simple enough

Comment

That woofer looks like it is wired out of phase with the negative on the positive terminal of the woofer??

Comment

Originally posted by anunnaki View Post
          That woofer looks like it is wired out of phase with the negative on the positive terminal of the woofer??
          Yeah this was one of my questions just look back a couple of posts I know it doesn’t matter much but it’s weird to see. Lol it bothers me

Comment

Amazon has the sscs5 pair for 73$ again for black friday deal!!!!!!! Jump on it now!!!!!!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-SSCS5-3-...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Comment

I think it might interest you that many people reported positive reports by stacking two speakers vertically like you did. Here is an example.
              http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/I...ound-magazine/
              I personally like very much the sound from a stacked pair of Infinity Reference 152 for each channel. The sound is more spacious than a single Reference 152 per channel.

Comment

Originally posted by ligs View Post
                I think it might interest you that many people reported positive reports by stacking two speakers vertically like you did. Here is an example.
                http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/I...ound-magazine/
                I personally like very much the sound from a stacked pair of Infinity Reference 152 for each channel. The sound is more spacious than a single Reference 152 per channel.
                That’s awesome! Yeah I spent a long time listening to one song in all different configurations and this way gave the most fullness of sound to me in my room.

Comment

Working...
                X