Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aurasound NS3 portable spkr bx progress photos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad2
    replied
    Wow that looks good so far can’t wait to see the actual box

Leave a comment:

• TITMAS
    replied
    Few more pics.

Last edited by TITMAS; 09-13-2019, 07:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TITMAS
    started a topic Aurasound NS3 portable spkr bx progress photos.

Aurasound NS3 portable spkr bx progress photos.

I picked up 4 Aura NS3-193-8A 3" Extended Range Drivers when they were on sale about 6 months ago for the purpose of building a portable BT spkr box. I heard some good reviews and feedback from other members about the quality of sound that these little drivers can produce. One member even said he was going to do a build with them and post it to the YouTubes and since this is my first proper 2-way build with XO i was eager to hear and see what he had to say. unfortunately i don't think he ever did it. So after some research and chats with tech support and other members i came up with a parts list for the electronics and a schematic for a 2nd order 4k crossover. I decided to use a 3PDT rotary switch to change inputs from BT to AUX. A 12v USB charger and battery status LED were also added to the scope of work. Once that was finalized i set out to design and build the box. I started with a basic sketch of the box based on the aprox size required by the drivers. I used paper cutouts of the components and a cardboard mock-up of the box to get the best looking size and layout in my opinion. Box construction is .5" MDF. The baffle is also MDF but laminated with 2mm thick 'diamond plate' PVC material and the control panels and speaker rings are machined out of .25" aluminium plate. Blind holes drilled and tapped from the backside of the aluminum secure them to the baffle. Im still undecided as to the finish of the box itself. I was thinking of spraying with black Plastidip, or, covering the entire outside of the box with laptop graffiti stickers. Still undecided but open to any and all suggestions from you guys. I posted a few pics of the work so far and will post more pics and specs as i progress. I would like to get everyone's thoughts on this project. Thxs.
Working...
X