Triginta Sub 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scarface1 View Post

Yes I will, but I see that I wrote nd91-4 but it must be nd91-8...i will do it this week if I can find a program where i can draw a crossover layout( otherwise I have to draw it myself on paper ).
    Sure. Or just take a good close up pic of the crossover and we can figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by ceiol View Post

Sure. Or just take a good close up pic of the crossover and we can figure it out.
      Haha I already finished the box, I'm painting it now. I have a crossover layout but it's not what I usually see...( i draw it wrong so it's edited like how it should be..)

It have BSC and is crossed over at around 2500 hz!
      Attached Files

Comment

that 1 ohm resistor parallel to the tweeter is going to get hot, right?

also, the zobel has a 20 ohm resistor? seems higher than I'm used to seeing

I'm no expert, Chris Roemer -- input here?

Comment

Well, the tweeter's attenuated about -16dB, and the HP filter dumps most power below about 3kHz.
          From there, the series resistor takes about 5/6ths of the voltage drop (to the L-pad / tweeter).
          About all you can say (w/out running a power sim) is that the 1n resistor DOES use more power than the tweeter (but I don't think twice as much).

Also, I begin a "Zobel" model making the woofer's z-rise "flat" (about 10uF + 10n does a pretty good job), but then meddle w/it to adj. the Fc and woofer's rolloff knee.
          Lastly, I'll try turning it OFF in a sim (by making the 20n resistor more like 200n) to see if I need it or not.
          On this low pass, it makes the rolloff curve a LOT nicer (for <$2).

Comment

• ceiol
            ceiol commented
            Editing a comment
            thank you -- interesting and good learning for me

Closed box, first layer of paint (in U.S.->primer?) , sanded and second layer of paint...it's the same colour as the subwoofer but it seemed it's not...
          Attached Files

Comment

The satellites where to white but can't find the colour the sub have. I have now find a colour what matches it a bit. All the sides of the satellites are done except the front baffle so put some tape and going to paint it.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X