Jeff Bagby's Continuums + Subwoofer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Bagby's Continuums + Subwoofer

Here's my take on Jeff's design, in curly maple. I messed up a little bit with the spacing between the tweeter and the woofer (measurement error), there should have been a little more space in there - but it seems to have worked out okay.

The sub is a simple sealed ~12" box with the Wavecor SW223BD02 and Dayton 250w DSP amp. The amp is really nice, made it easy to blend the sub in with the monitors.

A few more photos.

Comment

Very Very nice

Comment

Beautiful boxes. I really like the contrast between the blond maple boxes and the black drivers, screws and the shadow line on the baffle. Nice job.

Comment

Thanks! I was considering a seamless baffle design with no screws showing, but I'm really happy with how this turned out and glad I went with a more traditional LS3/5a design. I wasn't sure how I would feel about all the screws but now that it's finished I really like them.

Comment

Nicely done!!

Any construction pics you can share as well?

Comment

Beautiful work! Love the maple figure. How do they sound?
              Carbon13

Comment

Nice job.

I also like the 250 DSP amp, I have 2 PE 8" kits. The concept really works great for 2.1 sound from a simple stereo source.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWilsonEq View Post
                  Thanks! I was considering a seamless baffle design with no screws showing, but I'm really happy with how this turned out and glad I went with a more traditional LS3/5a design. I wasn't sure how I would feel about all the screws but now that it's finished I really like them.
                  I did the same thing with mine. Although, I messed up the rear and ended up gluing the backs.

Comment

Excellent work!
                    Audiophiles listen to the equipment, not the music.

Comment

Beautiful rendition.
                      Are you high-passing the mains?
                      Really nice setup.
                      Andy

Comment

The Dayton 250DSP plate amp controls the high and low passes.

Dayton Audio SPA250DSP 250W Subwoofer Plate Amplifier with DSP

Comment

Thanks all! They sound great. I build them for my office, I work from home and usually listen to music 4-5 hours a day so I wanted something that sound great and was easy to listen to. These fit the bill, I can listen to them all day long.

I am using the Dayton amp to low and high pass to blend the monitors with the sub. The Continuum's have a bass boost built into the low end which is fine if you don't have a sub but I had to cut it out a bit to keep from having an exaggerated response in the... I think it may have been 80-100hz or so range.

Here's some work in progress shots from the build. I'll have to make a few posts to attach them all.

Comment

Build shots for the sub.

Comment

Applying the polyurethane finish.

Comment

Working...
                              X