Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B King
    replied
    Really nice job. I think what you'll find is another sub woofer will make a ton of difference.

Leave a comment:

• stephenmarklay
    replied
    Originally posted by djg View Post
    If you look at the first picture in post #13, see the gaps between the edges of the stacked lumber? That means the 3/4" solid lumber was routed down to I guess 1/2" on the front and back edges. The baffles and backs are inset into the sides, tops and bottoms. Quite visible in other shots.
    Ahh, thank you Djg.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    If you look at the first picture in post #13, see the gaps between the edges of the stacked lumber? That means the 3/4" solid lumber was routed down to I guess 1/2" on the front and back edges. The baffles and backs are inset into the sides, tops and bottoms. Quite visible in other shots.

Leave a comment:

• stephenmarklay
    replied
    Joe, did you double wall the continuum boxes? I am trying to understand the pictures in post #13. I am a bit of a wood working rookie

Leave a comment:

• JoeWilsonEq
    replied
    Applying the polyurethane finish.

Leave a comment:

• JoeWilsonEq
    replied
    Build shots for the sub.

Leave a comment:

• JoeWilsonEq
    replied
    Thanks all! They sound great. I build them for my office, I work from home and usually listen to music 4-5 hours a day so I wanted something that sound great and was easy to listen to. These fit the bill, I can listen to them all day long.

I am using the Dayton amp to low and high pass to blend the monitors with the sub. The Continuum's have a bass boost built into the low end which is fine if you don't have a sub but I had to cut it out a bit to keep from having an exaggerated response in the... I think it may have been 80-100hz or so range.

Here's some work in progress shots from the build. I'll have to make a few posts to attach them all.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    The Dayton 250DSP plate amp controls the high and low passes.

Dayton Audio SPA250DSP 250W Subwoofer Plate Amplifier with DSP

Leave a comment:

• andykriech
    replied
    Beautiful rendition.
    Are you high-passing the mains?
    Really nice setup.
    Andy

Leave a comment:

• Steve Henry
    replied
    Excellent work!

Leave a comment:

• stephenmarklay
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeWilsonEq View Post
    Thanks! I was considering a seamless baffle design with no screws showing, but I'm really happy with how this turned out and glad I went with a more traditional LS3/5a design. I wasn't sure how I would feel about all the screws but now that it's finished I really like them.
    I did the same thing with mine. Although, I messed up the rear and ended up gluing the backs.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Nice job.

I also like the 250 DSP amp, I have 2 PE 8" kits. The concept really works great for 2.1 sound from a simple stereo source.

Leave a comment:

• Carbon13
    replied
    Beautiful work! Love the maple figure. How do they sound?

Leave a comment:

• anunnaki
    replied
    Nicely done!!

Any construction pics you can share as well?

Leave a comment:

• JoeWilsonEq
    replied
    Thanks! I was considering a seamless baffle design with no screws showing, but I'm really happy with how this turned out and glad I went with a more traditional LS3/5a design. I wasn't sure how I would feel about all the screws but now that it's finished I really like them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X