Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Will P
    replied
    Awesome looking speakers !

Leave a comment:

• blue934
    replied
    I never tire of those pictures. Well done!

Leave a comment:

• mccarty350
    replied
    Is that Continuum I or II? They look incredible!

Leave a comment:

• Derekj
    replied
    Well done Very nice build.

Leave a comment:

• JoeWilsonEq
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Lee View Post
    Beautiful work.

Thanks!

Now that I've been listening to them for 6+ months I can say without a doubt that they sound fantastic. As I mentioned earlier these were for my home office and I work from home, so they get 4-5 hours or so a day of use. Zero fatigue, which was my main concern when I was building them since they get so much use. Now my wife has been working from home for the last couple weeks, so they're out of action and I've had a lot of headphone time. I look forward to being able to fire them up again.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Lee
    replied
    Beautiful work.

Leave a comment:

• JoeWilsonEq
    replied
    The rabbets were cut on my router table after I mitered the corners. After everything was glued up I sanded to 320, and put on I think 6 or so light coats of wipe on oil based satin poly (minwax), sanding to 600 grit after each coat and a final 1200 grit sand after the last coat.

Leave a comment:

• JoeWilsonEq
    replied
    stephenmarklay sorry for the late response, I haven't logged on in a while. But yes, as djg mentioned they were roughly 7/8 stock solid maple boards. I cut a rabbet (about 1/4 or so I think) on the facing edges. Since I was using such thick stock, I didn't want a large thick edge as these are relatively small speakers. I then put in braces along the same depth as the rabbet so have something more substantial to screw the baffle to, and roughly routed out some extra space for the woofers. I left the back edges full thickness.

Leave a comment:

• B King
    replied
    Really nice job. I think what you'll find is another sub woofer will make a ton of difference.

Leave a comment:

• stephenmarklay
    replied
    Originally posted by djg View Post
    If you look at the first picture in post #13, see the gaps between the edges of the stacked lumber? That means the 3/4" solid lumber was routed down to I guess 1/2" on the front and back edges. The baffles and backs are inset into the sides, tops and bottoms. Quite visible in other shots.
    Ahh, thank you Djg.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    If you look at the first picture in post #13, see the gaps between the edges of the stacked lumber? That means the 3/4" solid lumber was routed down to I guess 1/2" on the front and back edges. The baffles and backs are inset into the sides, tops and bottoms. Quite visible in other shots.

Leave a comment:

• stephenmarklay
    replied
    Joe, did you double wall the continuum boxes? I am trying to understand the pictures in post #13. I am a bit of a wood working rookie

Leave a comment:

• JoeWilsonEq
    replied
    Applying the polyurethane finish.

Leave a comment:

• JoeWilsonEq
    replied
    Build shots for the sub.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X