Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
    Here we go (this is for the Dayton ND20 tweeter):

2nd order HP w/L-pad: 4uF series cap, 0.25mH shunt coil (to gnd), "L": SR = 4n / PR = 4n(ohms) - reverse polarity is indicated on tweeter - try it both ways

Woofer - "tanked" 3rd order: 1.6mH series coil (w/a "tiny" cap across it to act as a notch filter = 0.22uF), then a 4uF shunt cap (to gnd), lastly a 0.52mH series coil.

This runs around 83dB w/essentially NO baffle step comp. Fc near 3.7kHz. I think they'll be fine for surround (on wall) duties.
    Oh no. I am embarrassed now. I do not follow most of that. MY brain doesn't work this way. I can't read a description of a crossover like this and draw it out. I can follow a schematic, I have all of the necessary components... but that's about as far as I can go with this. Sorry to waste your time but we're obviously light years away from each other in ability here. I didn't want you to think I didn't appreciate it, because I do. I just can't build whatever it is you're describing here. Again... really sorry to waste your time and skills on my stupidity.
    My Studio Music Production Gear: http://equipboard.com/spaker
    Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube DJTT Soundcloud

Comment

Here you go Spaker. As described by Chris.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Schematic.PNG
Views:	78
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	1425718
      Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
      Wogg Music
      Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat, SuperNova Minimus

Comment

Thank you wogg.

I like the XO work, but not screwing w/drawing it out (except sometimes on paper w/pencil).
        I CAN scribble it out w/ MSPaint, but it ends up looking so embarrassing !

Spaker - no worries. It's not that complicated. I describe an XO (as if) drawn from left to right (which is amp to driver), this is sort of the "convention".
        You know cap values (uF), inductor/coils (mH), and resistors (ohms - or "n" as I like to call it)
        Both (lines to) the tweeter and woofer start at the amp (the "+" or red terminal, actually).
        SERIES components just mean that they are in the line (from the amp) to the speaker.
        SHUNT parts run (off that "series" line) to GROUND (the upside down triangle - or Xmas tree, if you will). All those gnd. points CAN be tied together (if you like). They all actually have to make their way back to the amp's "-" or black terminal.

Comment

Working...
        X