Need Quick BT Build Help!! - KAB-230v3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Quick BT Build Help!! - KAB-230v3

So, the very very scant instructions in this kit have left me at a loss on a few points
    1. I’ve wired everything to the amplifier board except the Bluetooth antenna. Is it supposed to be soldered or does it snap on there? Both ends are round and it looks like it could snap in, but I don’t want to force anything.

2. I have two pairs of leads (red and black) from the amplifier board that are labeled lithium ion battery charging board KAB-BE and Battery Cable. But I have no idea where on the battery board I am supposed to solder these.

3. The power cable I’m sure goes to the 2.1mm Panel Mount DC Jack. The power cable has a red and black lead, yet the DC Jack has 3 prongs. What goes where?

4. I have an extra jumper cable and I’m not sure where it goes. It’s black wire with 4 pin females on both ends.

5. there are 8 long standoff bolts and 8 short ones. I’m assuming that both boards are mounted one on top of the other to the aluminum plate which is then screwed to the enclosure. Does it matter which is on top and which is on bottom (battery board vs amp board). I assume the different sizes are just to accommodate your space needs?

I think I can figure out the rest of it which is essentially drilling holes for the lights and jacks and switch.

maybe if someone has some really good detailed pics of how they wired theirs that might be most helpful.

ive uploaded pics of the diagram, both boards, the extra jumper wire.

thanking you in advance. This is for my sister. I’m going to repost under Tech Talk also Click image for larger version

Name:	Amp Board.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	1427103 Click image for larger version

Name:	Diagram.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	1427100
    Attached Files

Originally posted by mhester View Post
    So, the very very scant instructions in this kit have left me at a loss on a few points 1. I’ve wired everything to the amplifier board except the Bluetooth antenna. Is it supposed to be soldered or does it snap on there? Both ends are round and it looks like it could snap in, but I don’t want to force anything. 2. I have two pairs of leads (red and black) from the amplifier board that are labeled lithium ion battery charging board KAB-BE and Battery Cable. But I have no idea where on the battery board I am supposed to solder these. 3. The power cable I’m sure goes to the 2.1mm Panel Mount DC Jack. The power cable has a red and black lead, yet the DC Jack has 3 prongs. What goes where? 4. I have an extra jumper cable and I’m not sure where it goes. It’s black wire with 4 pin females on both ends. 5. there are 8 long standoff bolts and 8 short ones. I’m assuming that both boards are mounted one on top of the other to the aluminum plate which is then screwed to the enclosure. Does it matter which is on top and which is on bottom (battery board vs amp board). I assume the different sizes are just to accommodate your space needs? I think I can figure out the rest of it which is essentially drilling holes for the lights and jacks and switch. maybe if someone has some really good detailed pics of how they wired theirs that might be most helpful. ive uploaded pics of the diagram, both boards, the extra jumper wire. thanking you in advance. This is for my sister. I’m going to repost under Tech Talk also Click image for larger version

Name:	Amp Board.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	1427103 Click image for larger version

Name:	Diagram.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	1427100
    Call part express. Their Tech support is good. Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a SMA connector on the board for the antenna.....it takes a bit of effort to snap the cable on there...lower right corner on your photo.

Comment

Parts Express Tech Support is a great resource. I've called them numerous times on different projects and they've always been able to help me sort things out.

Comment

Originally posted by TITMAS View Post
          Parts Express Tech Support is a great resource. I've called them numerous times on different projects and they've always been able to help me sort things out.
          Def gonna call them!

Comment

Working...
          X