The AviaTrix is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The AviaTrix is back!

In MTM form, both component only kit and w/ a flat pack and maybe now is a good time to remind readers what these guys are about.
    When they first came out, I built a MT, MTM, and MT frt. line up and if I had to sum them up in a word, I would say versatility.
    I have rotated them out of the line-up a couple of times, but they always seem to find their way back in. Certainly any time the system is changed, moved or a new system gets set up, they are my go to speakers. Their sealed box form means they can go about anywhere w/ little worry. They can go on stands, shelves or even in cubbyholes and still sound good.
    With Curt's magic X-over topology, they play suprisingly low considering they use a 5 1/4" woofer in a sm. non-ported box and their smooth roll-off make them a particularly gd. match to the 80 Hz. sub/main X-over.
    I remember when I unpacked the featherweight Dayton neo motor ND woofer and thinking this thing feels like a toy. And with the grills off, it can be a little disconcerting watching it dance around and wondering if it will hit the motor stops.
    If fact, Curt warns of X-max limits, but one would have to be rather ham-handed to achieve that and in sm. to med. rooms, they play plenty loud and deliver quite a bit of "punch" for what they are.
    So for those designing a system and are having a problem intergrating ported speakers, these can be quite helpful without compromising sound quality expectations.

No photos of your build?
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Working...
    X