designer challenge... who will reign supreme..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bionicbob
    • Apr 2012

designer challenge... who will reign supreme..

If I only knew how to design a crossover, this design while expensive may sound really good. Box size would be roughly 1.3, 1.4 cu ft bookshelf with an additional two 8" woofers in a modular system below (ie Bordeaux) or dual modular like this build... https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-d...ule-build.html

This would not be a cheap build and perhaps swapping drivers for less expensive may work but would they sound the same.
    Spirit Winds, Wavecor Ardent, Bordeaux etc are all $1500 + kits. A lot of performance is possible for less money but if its a build you will keep forever why not GO big at least once.
    If you get 4x -10x more for your money with DIY with a $300 kit, imagine a $2,000 kit. Now where into $100k retail speaker comparisons.

(link removed per rule #3 of the Tech Talk Posting Terms and Conditions)

(link removed per rule #3 of the Tech Talk Posting Terms and Conditions)

Ya, I know my reverse psychology probably won't work but if someone is bored and wants to design a crossover I'll build the finished product. All Awards will be yours, Your already a great speaker designer, why not push the boundary and not only be a guru but place yourself on Mt Olympus with the Gods off all......
    Last edited by Chris_Perez; 03-09-2020, 09:18 AM.
  • Geoff Millar
    Seasoned Veteran
    • Oct 2014

I'd suggest posting this in the Tech Talk forum, you'll get more views there

Good luck

Geoff

Comment

• Chris Roemer
      Obsessed & Proud of It
      • Sep 2005

Why such a huge box for a 5"? (You mean sealed?)

Comment

• bionicbob
        • Apr 2012

yes sealed. something around 17" H, 10" W, 14" D

Comment

Working...